Laid-back style you'll love
- Next1 of 12Stella McCartney, S/S12: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Charm & Chain
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Piperlime
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Barneys
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Alenetoo.com
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Laid-back style you'll loveCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Comfort Zone1 of 12
By Nicole Mann Novick
From embellished ballet flats to draped silk tops, we've found pieces that are big on comfort without sacrificing style. Finally, fashion and function can coexist.
Red Alert2 of 12
A sheath dress requires little decision-making—flats and a charm bracelet are all you need to be on your way for almost any occasion.
SHOP NOW: Paul & Joe Sister dress, $375
Be Dazzled3 of 12
With summer just around the corner, sandals are on all our shopping lists. For a pair that transitions from the beach to the boardwalk, try flats with casual, beaded embellishments.
SHOP NOW: Minnetonka sandals, $50
Round Up4 of 12
These enameled bracelets remind us of glamorous mosaic tiles. Wear them with jeans or a cotton maxi dress for an easy dose of elegance.
SHOP NOW: Gerard Yosca bangles, $100
Stripe Hype5 of 12
Tucked in, this silk shirt pairs easily with a sleek and professional skirt, while its loose and luxurious tailoring offers comfort for casual Fridays, too.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew popover shirt, $150
Twinkle Toes6 of 12
A bit of embellishment means these comfortable shoes can go from the office to out on the town.
SHOP NOW: Mia shoe, $69
Short Stuff7 of 12
Even grown-up rompers are inherently playful. The wrap tailoring and printed fabric give this one added glamour.
SHOP NOW: Leifsdottir romper, $168
Security Blanket8 of 12
An oversize scarf is the easiest way to accessorize even the most basic and relaxed jeans-and-tee combo.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie scarf, $78
Hello, Yellow9 of 12
Canary yellow gives this classic nautical striped sweater unexpected punch. Try it with cutoff shorts or even over a swimsuit as the sun goes down.
SHOP NOW: Aubin & Wills sweater, $130
Wide Angle10 of 12
For those who want to give the trials and tribulations of tight skinny jeans a rest, wide-leg flowy pants exude an old-Hollywood sophistication.
SHOP NOW: Theyskens' Theory pant, $425
Flair Game11 of 12
Peplum tailoring gives an otherwise basic cami added versatility. Wear yours under a blazer at the office or as the main attraction at happy hour.
SHOP NOW: By Chance tank, $189
Escape Clause12 of 12
With their jet-setting aesthetic, tunics are always in fashion. Wear yours with slacks, leggings and jeans in the city or even over a bikini when on vacation.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch tunic, $295