9 Easiest & Most Stylish Halloween Costumes
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10HBO/Piperlime/Shop The Trend Boutique/Karmaloop
- Previous Next3 of 10Lionsgate/Photofest/My Wardrobe/La Garconne/Topshop
- Previous Next4 of 10Lionsgate/Photofest/Athleta/Bergdorf Goodman/Zappos
- Previous Next5 of 10Warner Bros./Photofest/Miss Selfridge/Shopbop/Brooks Brothers
- Previous Next6 of 10Buena Vista Pictures/Photofest/My Wardrobe/Farfetch/Agent Provocateur
- Previous Next7 of 1020th Century Fox/Photofest/Topshop/Nordstrom/Metropark
- Previous Next8 of 10Warner Bros./Photofest/Shop Ambience/Net-a-Porter/Shopbop
- Previous Next9 of 10Sony Pictures Releasing/Photofest/Yoox/Barneys
- Previous Next10 of 10Universal Pictures/Photofest/Bonadrag/Farfetch/Net-a-Porter
Scary-Good Style1 of 10
By Zoe Jones
Sure, you're supposed to dress up in a scary costume for Halloween. But there's nothing scarier than spending a fortune on an outfit you'll only wear one night. With one of our favorite days of the year drawing closer, it's time to think about how you can get the most out of your spooky getup. Whether you want to emulate a classic character (Bride of Frankenstein) or a current favorite (Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones), check out nine fun looks that you can wear well beyond Oct. 31.
Daenerys Targaryen2 of 10
Who wouldn't want to look like Daenerys Targaryen for Halloween (or every day, for that matter)? Channel the Game of Thrones warrior queen in a flowing maxi dress and silver cuff bracelets. Oh, and if you can find a long blonde wig and pet dragon to perch on your shoulder, then that'll help too.
Katniss Everdeen3 of 10
Tap into fall's utilitarian trend by turning into Katniss Everdeen for a night. All you need is a sturdy jacket, cargo pants and biker boots in order to become The Hunger Games' beloved tough girl. Carry a plastic bow and arrow to complete the look.
Hit-Girl4 of 10
Hit-Girl, from the action comedy Kick-Ass, was a popular look back in 2010, but we predict the slasher teenager will be popular again this year thanks to the movie's recent sequel. Her superhero schoolgirl style is easy to imitate: Just try a tartan miniskirt with a zip-up sweater and pocket belt. The only thing left to buy? A purple wig!
Daisy Buchanan5 of 10
Recreating Daisy Buchanan's style from The Great Gatsby is easy, thanks to the season's Jazz Age-inspired styles. Try a stunning beaded dress with a crystal headband and some pearls for serious Roaring Twenties glam.
Cruella De Vil6 of 10
Dressing up as evil puppy killer Cruella De Vil is a good excuse to rock some fake fur. Team a shaggy jacket with a sexy halter dress and satin gloves. Bonus points if you find a wig and cigarette holder to finish off your costume.
Cleopatra7 of 10
A strapless gown worn with chunky gold jewelry is a stunning look, Halloween or not. Better yet, these dramatic pieces easily translate into Elizabeth Taylor's regal Cleopatra. Just add exaggerated cat-eye makeup and a short black wig before heading out to your costume party.
Catwoman8 of 10
Transforming into Catwoman for a night lends itself to a super sleek and sexy outfit you'll wear for years. Try a pair of thigh-high boots, leggings and a leather top with any suitable props you can get your claws on (we suggest cat ears and a mask, of course).
SHOP NOW: Bailey 44 Software Leather Sweater, $192, shopambience.com; DKNY Leather-Paneled Stretch-Jersey Leggings, $175, net-a-porter.com; Jean-Michel Cazabat Gala Over The Knee Boots, $495, shopbop.com
Carrie9 of 10
Everyone's favorite frightening prom queen is reborn October 18th (Chloe Moretz plays the title character in the Carrie remake), so now's the perfect time to try her surprisingly trendy look. Team a boudoir-style slip dress with a large crucifix pendant, and for maximum effect, smear fake blood on your face. Just don't get any on the dress—you'll want to wear it out again!
Bride of Frankenstein10 of 10
Frankenstein's bride inspires a neutral look with an interesting silhouette. Wear a striking cape over a metallic top and floor-length skirt. If you can, get ahold of a black and white beehive wig to make this one convincingly creepy look.
- 10 beauty tips for getting photo-ready
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- How to Be More Outrospective
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession