- Next1 of 18Glo
- Previous Next2 of 18Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 18Michael Ochs Archives
- Previous Next4 of 18Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 18Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 18Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 18Marc Morrison/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next8 of 18Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 18Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 18SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 18Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 18Rick Diamond/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 18Denise Truscello/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 18Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 18Rick Diamond/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 18Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 18Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next18 of 18Austin K Swift / Getty Images Entertainment
- Country ClubCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
INTRO_country_v041 of 18
June Carter2 of 18
By Lilah Nicolaidis
Singer-songwriter June Carter (Cash, famously in 1968, three years after this photo was taken) was a country darling and quite the funny lady — though she looks simply demure here in a plaid shirt, rolled jeans and boat shoes.
Dolly Parton3 of 18
With the release of her album “Here You Come Again” in 1977 and her eponymously titled variety show, Dolly Parton was at the top of her game. Here, she performs in an eccentric feather fringed costume, rather than the ginghams and bell-bottom jeans that other country singers favored at the time.
Loretta Lynn4 of 18
In 1980, Loretta Lynn’s autobiography, Coal Miner’s Daughter, was made into an award-winning film starring Sissy Spacek. Lynn, performing the same year, pretty much always chose to wear more traditional country garb like this conservative dress with ruffles, long sleeves and a charming print.
Barbara Mandrell5 of 18
Seen here in 1988, two-time CMA Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year, Barbara Mandrell is working the big hair and outrageous style of the late '80s.
Reba McEntire6 of 18
One of country music’s most adored performers, Reba McEntire’s big voice (and hair) endeared her to fans. Stepping out at the Oscars in 1991, she is all diva in a floor-length sequin gown.
Mindy McCready7 of 18
Was Mindy McCready’s certified gold album from 1997, “If I Don’t Stay the Night,” the inspiration behind her outfit here? Or perhaps it was her engagement to actor Dean Cain that lent a little extra Hollywood glitter to this look.
Shania Twain8 of 18
Shania Twain may be Canadian, but she was the first country star to usher in a sexy and sophisticated look for female singers in the genre. Perhaps this style was also inspired by her Bollywood-influenced 2002 album, “Up!”
LeAnn Rimes9 of 18
In 2005, LeAnn Rimes was all of twenty-three, but the Grammy and AMA winner looks quite grown up in this chic red cocktail dress with simple strappy sandals and pretty golden curls.
The Dixie Chicks10 of 18
Emily Robison, Natalie Maines and Martie Maguire (aka the Dixie Chicks) won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 2007, and they sure looked stylish picking up their golden gramophones.
Gretchen Wilson11 of 18
Crooner Gretchen Wilson performs in a laid-back look that became representative of country stars in the late aughts — casual jeans with a sexy cleavage and midriff-baring top.
Jessica Simpson12 of 18
In 2008, media obsession Jessica Simpson tried to revive her suffering pop career by going country. We’re not going to comment on the music, but at least she got the look right in Daisy Dukes (possibly inspired by her on-screen role), cowboy boots and turquoise and silver accessories.
Miranda Lambert13 of 18
She was born in Longview, Texas, but here on the red carpet, Miranda Lambert looks like quite the California girl in this short blue minidress with gold platform sandals and long, blond hair.
Jewel14 of 18
Enjoying mainstream success, thanks to her album, Pieces of You, Jewel was always comfortable both in the country capitals and in Hollywood. On the red carpet in 2009, the singer worked her signature bohemian style in a colorful feather-print dress.
Kellie Pickler15 of 18
An American Idol finalist at age nineteen, Kellie Pickler is a country star who is rising quickly. Here, she sends a message, while performing at the "Music City Keep on Playin'" benefit concert in Nashville, Tennessee last month.
Faith Hill16 of 18
Country queen Faith Hill always looks elegant, especially here in a long, off-the-shoulder gown at an after-party for the 2010 Academy Awards.
Carrie Underwood17 of 18
American Idol winner, Carrie Underwood, became the show’s highest-selling artist ever in the United States. This country cutie favors designer style, as evidenced by her black-and-gold Rafael Cennamo dress and Jimmy Choo sandals.
Taylor Swift18 of 18
Taylor Swift is definitely one of our style icons. This girl has taste (from Ralph Lauren gowns to Valentino dresses to J. Mendel looks) and always looks flawless, whether she’s on the red carpet or the stage.