Dare to Wear: The baroque trend
- Next1 of 9Glo
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Iconix Brand
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Citizens of Humanity
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of J Brand
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of Pearl Collective
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Jennifer Behr
- Dare to Wear: The baroque trend10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
INTRO_Dare_To_Wear_Baroque_vo21 of 9
Short & Sweet2 of 9
These shorts may be mini, but they deliver a major dose of drama to any look. Slip a pair of black tights on underneath and opt for a solid silk blouse on top.
SHOP NOW: Material Girl shorts, $34
Tie One On3 of 9
On this scarf, a bit of animal print freshens up a traditionally baroque black-and-gold print. Throw it on to bring some glamour to your basic jeans-and-tee combo.
SHOP NOW: Baroque Animal scarf, $54
Top Notch4 of 9
With a modern cut and graphic color-blocking, this baroque blouse (in a jacquard fabric) pairs easily with a pair of snug skinny jeans and simple flats.
SHOP NOW: ASOS Jacquard Top, $52
Fancy That5 of 9
A pair of velour pants with an elaborate print calls for something sophisticated and understated up top. A safe bet? A black blazer with a neutral tank underneath.
SHOP NOW: Citizens of Humanity Avedon jean, $248
Looking Sharp6 of 9
Black roses and gold spikes offer an edgy take on the baroque trend. Wear it to add a little drama and toughness to a more conservative black dress.
SHOP NOW: ASOS stretch bracelets, $26 (for two)
In the Red7 of 9
When it comes to ornate patterns on denim, stick to simple lines and steer clear of too many layers or textures on top. Try these jeans with a lightweight chambray button-down to temper the velvety texture.
SHOP NOW: J Brand jeans in red brocade, $242
Shoulder Dusters8 of 9
Long tassel-style earrings, particularly ones accented with pearls, are an easy way to incorporate the baroque trend into your look. This pair’s dramatic length makes enough of a statement that a necklace isn’t necessary.
SHOP NOW: Pearl Collective Exclusives Readcrest earrings, $125
Gilded Age9 of 9
This elegant gold headband is the perfect accessory to anchor a diaphanous dress or add some drama to a simple cocktail number.
SHOP NOW: Jennifer Behr Pegasus headband, $375
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession