Dare to Wear: Shimmer
- Next1 of 16Glo
- Previous Next2 of 16Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next3 of 16Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous Next4 of 16Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next5 of 16Courtesy of Blanknyc
- Previous Next6 of 16Courtesy of Soludos
- Previous Next7 of 16Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next8 of 16Courtesy of Haute Bettes
- Previous Next9 of 16Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next10 of 16Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next11 of 16Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next12 of 16Courtesy of Barneys
- Previous Next13 of 16Courtesy of Nordstom
- Previous Next14 of 16Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous Next15 of 16Courtesy of Diane von Furstenberg
- Previous Next16 of 16Courtesy of J.Crew
INTRO_Dare_To_Wear_Shimmer_v021 of 16
Treasure Trove2 of 16
Looking like it emerged from a mermaid's treasure chest, this miniskirt is sure to attract attention with its large, deep-blue paillettes. Wear with cool blue hues for a daytime look or with solid black in the evening.
SHOP NOW: DKNY miniskirt, $275
Bright Light3 of 16
Liven up a solid-colored outfit with a cobalt-blue sequin clutch that has unexpected pops of neon.
SHOP NOW: French Connection clutch, $128
Great Stripes!4 of 16
Nautical stripes are the summer go-to, but a layer of sequins adds playful shimmer, so this tank can be worn day or night.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew tank, $88
Slick Skimmer5 of 16
Coated jeans are replacing the ol' standard blues, so why not try a pair whose metallic sheen lets your legs shine on?
SHOP NOW: Blank NYC denim, from $79
Jute Alors!6 of 16
Opening Ceremony for Soludos upped the style ante with glittering stripe designs for your favorite summer kicks.
SHOP NOW: Opening Ceremony for Soludos espadrille, $40
Scaled Up7 of 16
Shorts get a glitzy update with opalescent sequins that will keep you cool in style. Try them with a plain white tee to let these shorts shine.
SHOP NOW: Topshop short, $120
Friends Forever8 of 16
Remember those friendship bracelets you and your bestie used to wear? A rhinestone-dotted knit one offers a grown-up version of the childhood favorite.
SHOP NOW: Haute Betts bracelet, $45
Swap Meet9 of 16
Bored with your black pencil skirt? Swap it out for a softly hued animal print in sequins that will work wonders with your basic button-down.
SHOP NOW: River Island skirt, $122
Luxe Leggings10 of 16
Both glimmering and slimming, this pair of sequined leggings looks best with a casual black, white or even neon shirt on top.
SHOP NOW: Karl legging, $335
Wrap Star11 of 16
Call attention to a small waist with a bejeweled belt.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie belt, $48
In a Cinch12 of 16
Add some glam to your usual summer shorts with a patterned pair that has a hint of glint. Try this high-waisted version with a cropped tee for an off-duty look.
SHOP NOW: Elizabeth and James short, $365
Twinkle Toes13 of 16
Show off that pedicure with a pair of mirrored silver sandals.
SHOP NOW: Sam Edelman sandal, $65
Glitterati14 of 16
Shine throughout the night with a light-reflecting cocktail dress.
SHOP NOW: French Connection dress, $348
Hold Me15 of 16
Take a vacation with this tropical-print clutch whose shiny sides will have you feeling relaxed in no time.
SHOP NOW: Diane von Furstenberg clutch, $445
Green With Envy16 of 16
Sequins on silk make for a liquid-like fabric that will leave others eying you jealously.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew skirt, $695
NEXT GALLERY: Dare to Wear: Hawaiian Prints
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession