Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of James Jeans/Anthropologie
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of James Jeans
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Intermix
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of J Brand Jeans
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Rebecca Taylor
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Intermix
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Scotch & Soda
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Intermix
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
Vested Interest1 of 11
By Nicole Mann Novick
Move over boring blazers: From tuxedo cuts to retro denim and cozy knit hoodies, vests are the new must-have second layer. Check out ten of our favorite sleeveless styles and find out how to wear them.
Luxe Tux2 of 11
Whether headed to the office or happy hour, this leather-trimmed tuxedo vest is a modern alternative to the typical blazer. Pair this one with cigarette pants and heels to complete the polished look.
SHOP NOW: James Jeans, $260
Vintage Wash3 of 11
Just like your favorite jean jacket, a retro denim vest goes with everything from a plain white tank to a flirty sundress.
SHOP NOW: Pilcro Vest, $98
Soldier On4 of 11
Cut like a sleeveless safari jacket, this army green cargo-style vest is essential weekend wear. Pair it with a T-shirt, cutoffs and sandals for a laid-back vibe.
SHOP NOW: Jet vest, $210
Ink Master5 of 11
With its tailored collar and crossover design, this vest is dressy enough for the office. Pair it with a classic black skirt and heels for a summertime work look.
SHOP NOW: J Brand, $395
Tweed Need6 of 11
A motorcycle vest gets an elegant makeover in ivory tweed. Wear it with an LBD or dressy black shorts on the spring party circuit.
SHOP NOW: Rebecca Taylor vest, $395
Soften Up7 of 11
A soft spring sweater is essential for cooler evenings. Cozy up in this asymmetric sleeveless version over long sleeves and trousers.
SHOP NOW: Helmut Lang, $310
White Haute8 of 11
A men's-suit-inspired vest is a crisp way to wear summer whites. The perforated lambskin shoulders and single hook closure on this version are unexpected.
SHOP NOW: Rag & Bone vest, $450
Patched Up9 of 11
A boho-embellished vest is the perfect complement to a solid-hued maxi skirt.
SHOP NOW: Maison Scotch, $104
Posh Pullover10 of 11
A gray heather hoodie is casual enough to pair with jeans and polished enough for classic black pants.
SHOP NOW: Drew vest, $138
Petal Pusher11 of 11
A floral vest in bold hues adds the perfect pop of color to any ensemble.
SHOP NOW: Mural vest, $78
NEXT ON GLO: The 10 Prettiest Colors For Spring
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession