What His Outerwear Says About His Personality
- Next1 of 7FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
- Previous Next2 of 7Allan Bregg/Splash News
- Previous Next3 of 7FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
- Previous Next4 of 7FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
- Previous Next5 of 7Justin R. Campbell/FilmMagic
- Previous Next6 of 7George Pimentel/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 7Joe Scarnici/WireImage
- What His Outerwear Says About His Personality100 Items You Can Buy for Fall and Wear Forever
- Most Stylish TV Leading Ladies
- 20 Gorgeous New Bridal Looks Straight From the Fall Runways
- Solutions To The 10 Biggest Shoe Problems
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Meet ELLE's 2013 Women in Hollywood
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- 10 Jeans To Make You Look Skinnier
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Cover Up1 of 7
By Emma Barker for Cosmopolitan
Ninety percent of the men who hit on you this month will be bundled beyond recognition. George Kotsiopoulos from E!'s Fashion Police helps you read way too much into a guy's coat choice.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 8 Tricks To Get Your Man To Upgrade His Style
Peacoat2 of 7
This guy owns at least one decent suit and gets a haircut once a month whether he needs it or not. He's classy and responsible, but he's not such a milquetoast that he'll deny you a night of pulse-racing skinny-dipping on your beach vacation. Feel that? It's pure boyfriend material.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 11 Guys Reveal How They Knew She Was The One
Leather Bomber3 of 7
"Bomber guy is classic," Kotsiopoulos says, "but more of a badass than peacoat guy." This guy's chivalry may edge on misogyny—he won't let you open doors—but he is a man, if an old-timey idea of one. He'll do anything for you but talk about his feelings.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 10 Faux And Real Fur Coats You Need In Your Closet
Nonexistent4 of 7
This guy's pride will be his downfall. He'd rather die than ask for directions, and yeah, he's definitely too cool to go to family events with you. Not good, unless you're the female counterpart of no-coat guy—aka no-tights girl—in which case, enjoy your happily ever after.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 14 Sexy Celebrity Guys To Watch For In 2014
Massive Puffer5 of 7
"They're noisy and take up lots of space," Kotsiopoulos says about both the Michelin Man-style coat and the dude in it. If he didn't notice that he just knocked five people's coffees out of their hands with his marshmallow exoskeleton, how will he be on time for a date?
ON COSMOPOLITAN: How To Keep A Long-Distance Relationship Hot And Sexy
Slim Parka6 of 7
If puffer guy is gyrating, "I Know You Want It" Robin Thicke, parka guy is the wholesome Growing Pains character played by Thicke's dad, Alan. He's reliable, put-together, and self-aware. He may be a little boring, but hey, he has his sh*t together. If you want a no-drama guy, he's your man.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: These Tricks Will Make You Look Hot Even When You're Hung Over
Letterman Jacket7 of 7
Jock jackets were all over the fall runways, so this guy is either trend-obsessed or lost in the past, says Kotsiopoulos. He thinks the world of himself, and you'll constantly be trying to measure up.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 10 Hairstyles That Take 10 Minutes Or Less
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The oversized trend that's making a comeback
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 9 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 Must-Read Tips for a Healthy Divorce
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession