Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable20 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- 7 Magic Bra Solutions
- The Truth About Dressing For Your Age
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- 10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Style Shortcuts1 of 11
By Charles Manning for Cosmopolitan
Looking more fashionable isn't always about wearing the trendiest, most expensive clothes, or mastering some complex styling trick. Sometimes it's as easy as just tucking in your shirt or throwing on a pair of sunglasses.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 20 Fashion Rules You Should Break
Biker Girl2 of 11
A good motorcycle jacket improves every outfit; it doesn't matter if it's jeans and a T-shirt, a formal gown, or gym clothes. Black leather is the classic choice, but it's not a must. Colors, prints, embellishments, whatever! It's all good.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: The Best TV and Movie Wedding Dresses of All Time
Cape Town3 of 11
Wear your jacket on your shoulders. Don't think of your jacket as a jacket. Think of it as a cape with sleeves. Sleeves you are never EVER to put your arms into.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 17 Life-Changing Makeup Hacks Every Woman Should Know
Layer Up4 of 11
The more layers you have, the less likely any one piece is to really make or break your outfit, so go crazy—a coat over a jacket, over a mesh shirt, over a crop top. With a belt. And leather leggings. Under a skirt. You're an onion. A fashionable onion.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 24 Super-Simple Ways to Make Doing Your Hair Incredibly Easy
Best Foot Forward5 of 11
Whatever you would normally choose for footwear, choose the opposite. Trade your high heels for flat booties, your sneakers for high heels, and your sandals for sneakers. The more wrong it feels, the more right it is.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 25 Life-Changing Ways to Use Q-Tips
Opposites Attract6 of 11
Wear something really small with something really big. A crop top with a ball skirt. An oversize top with cut-off shorts. Looking fashionable is all about playing with proportion and contrast. Not just big with small, but also hard with soft, tight with loose, and heavy with light.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: The Truth About Dressing For Your Age
Label Love7 of 11
Anyone can be stylish, but if you want to be "fashionable" you gotta play the label game at least some of the time and those little interlocking Cs are a fashionable win every time. Sure, you could wear another prestigious brand, but it's not the same. Chanel is just hands down the most iconic fashion label there is. One Chanel bangle or pair of sunglasses has more fashion cred than many high-end designer handbags and will probably stay stylish long after those bags become passé.
Tuck Away8 of 11
Do a half-assed tuck job. Whether it's a sweater, a tank or a collared silk shirt, just grab that middle front piece, tuck it down, and watch your style cred increase instantaneously by a factor of ten (at least).
Hats Off9 of 11
Fashion is all about making a statement and creating a well-defined look and no other accessory does that quite like a good hat. Sure, they can be a little costumey, but that's the point. Just steer clear of fascinators. No one looks good in those things. Not even at a royal wedding.
So Shady10 of 11
Always wear sunglasses. Even when you're inside. Even when it's dark out. Your eyes will adjust eventually. And besides, sunglasses are way easier to put on than eye makeup.
Bag Lady11 of 11
Wear your cross-body bag in the front. Pull that thing around to the front and show it off. You know it's your favorite part of your outfit anyway.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession