11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Vertty
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Avarcas
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Bluefly
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Enrou
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Sires Eyewear
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Kris Nations
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of H&M
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Brother Vellies
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Farfetch
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right NowCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Green Is The New Black1 of 12
By Tiffany Tse
While trying to reduce consumption is the best thing we can do for our planet, buying second-hand and shopping eco-friendly brands still helps. Thankfully, plenty of designers are making fashionable clothes using recycled or sustainable materials—meaning you can look great and still slash your carbon footprint. Shop 11 of our favorite brands here.
Life's a Beach2 of 12
Aside from being larger and more lightweight than the average beach towel, all the materials used to make Vertty's colorful towels are eco-friendly. Bonus? Each one comes with a waterproof pocket designed to hold your smartphone as you catch some rays.
SHOP NOW: Vertty towel, $90, tryvertty.com
Just for Kicks3 of 12
This traditional Spanish avarca sandal, famous for its simple and versatile silhouette, is crafted with 100 percent recycled tire soles and natural leather.
SHOP NOW: Avarcas USA eco-classic sandal, $85, avarcasusa.com
Seeing Spots4 of 12
Wren and Clare Vivier teamed up to create a capsule collection of animal-print bags, including this trendy leopard clutch made from reclaimed fabric from the production of Wren's faux fur coats.
SHOP NOW: Wren x Clare Vivier leopard clutch, $200, bluefly.com
Hats Off5 of 12
Teysha focuses on sustainability, as well as creating income for a community of artisans in Guatemala, Panama and Colombia, who craft all of the brand's brightly patterned pieces like this one-of-a-kind hat.
SHOP NOW: Teysha Guate hat, $40, enrou.co
Ear to Ear6 of 12
Every piece in Melissa Joy Manning's collection is handmade in her green-certified studio, and the designer uses only recycled materials and responsibly sourced stones. Our pick? These versatile semi-precious drop earrings.
SHOP NOW: Melissa Joy Manning drop earrings, $160, nordstrom.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Knock on Wood7 of 12
Sires Eyewear makes stylish eco-conscious glasses and sunglasses, like these oversized vintage-inspired frames, using recycled wood pulp and cotton fiber. Even better, the brand also donates to the nonprofit Trees for the Future.
SHOP NOW: Sires Eyewear Bradbury wooden frames, $295, sireseyewear.com
Shoe Thing8 of 12
Aside from making comfortable shoes, like these platform sandals, Swedish Hasbeens also promises that they use only natural, organic materials and eco-friendly production methods.
SHOP NOW: Swedish Hasbeens peep-toe high sandals, $179, shopbop.com
City Slicker9 of 12
The designers behind Kris Nations work with metal refiners who obtain their metal from the earth's existing supplies, rather than mine new metals that contribute to more waste. The jewelry line includes plenty of pretty, delicate pieces, including their City Series collection that lets you proudly rep your hometown.
SHOP NOW: Kris Nations Oakland necklace, $48, krisnations.com
Knit Wit10 of 12
H&M's Conscious Exclusive is the brand's sustainable collection, which includes plenty of their trendy, affordable clothing made with organic leather, cotton and other materials that come from sustainable sources.
SHOP NOW: H&M textured knit top, $15, hm.com
Time to Reboot11 of 12
Brother Vellies' eco-friendly shoes come in a variety of colors and prints, such as this rich suede pair. The desert boots, a modern-day take on traditional African footwear, also help create and sustain jobs for artisans in South Africa, Kenya and Namibia.
SHOP NOW: Brother Vellies blue suede erongo, $235, brothervellies.com
Do the Math12 of 12
Founded by Bono and his wife, Edun is a clothing brand that encourages fair trade with Africa, promotes eco-friendly cotton farming and produces cool, edgy threads, including this triangle-print dress.
SHOP NOW: Edun triangle layer dress, $428, farfetch.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession