Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Next1 of 29Glo
- Previous Next2 of 29Courtesy of Hedi Slimane for ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 29Courtesy of Hedi Slimane for ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 29Courtesy of Hedi Slimane for ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 29Bob Scott/Fotos International/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 29Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 29Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 29Kevin Mazur Archive/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 29Tammie Arroyo//Time Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 29LUCY NICHOLSON/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 29KMazur/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 29Theo Wargo/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 29James Whatling/UK Press/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 29Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 29James Devaney/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 29Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 29Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 29Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 29John Shearer/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 29Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 29George Pimentel/FilmMagic
- Previous Next22 of 29Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next23 of 29Jun Sato/WireImage
- Previous Next24 of 29Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage
- Previous Next25 of 29Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- Previous Next26 of 29Andreas Rentz/Getty Images
- Previous Next27 of 29Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next28 of 29Bertrand Rindoff Petroff/Getty Images
- Previous Next29 of 29Julian Parker/UK Press/Getty Images
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About BradCelebs with the Best Winter Style
- Beyonce’s Best Fashion Moments
- 10 Faux and Real Fur Coats to Wear Now
- What His Outerwear Says About His Personality
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- Makeup Products That Work Best In Pairs
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
STYLE_ELLE-Angelina-Jolie_00_Intro-3_ELLEAngelinaJolie1 of 29
Rebel With a Cause2 of 29
On her past: "It wasn't a need to be destructive or rebellious—it's that need to find a full voice, to push open the walls around you. You're trying to find out who you are."
Happily Ever After3 of 29
On what she used to think her life would be like : "I never thought I'd have children, I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person. Having come from a broken home, you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairytale, and you just don't look for them."
On Brad Pitt: "When you have history with somebody, you're friends in such a very real, deep way that there's such a comfort, and an ease, and a deep love that comes from having been through quite a lot together."
ON ELLE: 25 Most Iconic Red Lips in Film
Family Matters4 of 29
On how she feels about her kids getting into show business: "Brad and I made the decision that we wouldn't keep them from sets and the fun of making movies, but we wouldn't glorify it either—we wouldn't make it a good thing or a bad thing. But I really prefer they do something else."
Keep clicking to see Jolie's most memorable outfits over the years, and check out the June issue of ELLE, on newsstands May 20.
Lace Case5 of 29
A young Jolie accompanied her father, Jon Voight, to the 1986 Academy Awards in a frilly lace dress and pearls.
Daddy's Girl6 of 29
A few years later, she was photographed with her dad again, this time wearing an oversize blazer, silk camisole and of course, that famous smile.
Cape Town7 of 29
At the 1997 Cable ACE Awards, the actress wore a slinky evening gown, but added a dramatic touch with a velvet cape, super-short hair and arched brows.
ON ELLE: 25 Insane Celebrity Engagement Rings
White Hot8 of 29
Jolie still had a short crop and striking eye makeup at the Golden Globes the following year, but her beaded dress and sling-back sandals showed off her feminine sensibilities.
All That Glitters9 of 29
Jolie turned up at the 1999 Golden Globes in slicked-back hair and a heavily embellished gown by Randolph Duke.
Vamp It Up10 of 29
At the 2001 Academy Awards, the star gave off a Gothic vibe in a long-sleeve Versace dress, long black hair and smoky eye makeup.
Suit Yourself11 of 29
The risk-taking actress opted to wear Dolce & Gabbana's satin suit to the awards show a year later, showing off its sleek, tailored silhouette on the red carpet.
Sheer Genius12 of 29
While attending a party to celebrate the launch of the Tribeca Film Festival, Jolie went for a casual yet pretty ensemble in a printed dress and slip-on sandals.
Take the Plunge13 of 29
At the premiere of Tomb Raider 2 later that year, she stuck to one of her go-to colors in a figure-hugging dress with a down-to-there neckline.
Cat's Meow14 of 29
Jolie dressed up her denim at the Shark Tale premiere with a bold leopard-print coat and red pumps.
Bead It15 of 29
The actress displayed her affinity for embellished dresses again in 2006, wearing a sparkling gown with flutter sleeves at The Good Shepherd premiere.
Bright Idea16 of 29
Though Jolie usually sticks to black, white and neutrals, her canary yellow number by Emanuel Ungaro brightened up the Ocean's Thirteen premiere at Cannes.
Basic Instincts17 of 29
But at another premiere later that year, it was back to black in a simple spaghetti-strap dress and peep-toe pumps.
Shades of Gray18 of 29
Jolie looked both relaxed and elegant in a drapey gray Max Azria dress at the 2009 Critics' Choice Awards.
Biker Girl19 of 29
As if to prove she hadn't abandoned her tough girl persona altogether, Jolie paired a Michael Kors leather dress with strappy sandals at the Inglourious Basterds premiere later that year.
Go Green20 of 29
At the 2011 Golden Globes, Jolie wore color again—this time in a subtly shimmery emerald green dress by Atelier Versace.
Neutral Territory21 of 29
She kept it ladylike in a summery Salvatore Ferragamo dress accented by a slim belt and colorful jewelry at a photo call for Kung Fu Panda 2.
Black Out22 of 29
At the movie's Los Angeles premiere, the actress managed to make another head-to-toe black outfit look interesting in a belted Michael Kors dress.
Lady in Red23 of 29
Jolie matched a sexy red dress with a bold lip at the Moneyball premiere in Tokyo.
Shoulder On24 of 29
With its flattering draping and one-shoulder neckline, the Romona Keveza dress Jolie wore to a premiere in 2011 had a romantic vibe.
A Leg Up25 of 29
At the 2012 Academy Awards, Jolie wore a velvet Atelier Versace gown featuring a thigh-high slit—which later became an Internet meme and a red carpet staple.
Flare Game26 of 29
She tapped into the peplum trend at last year's Berlin premiere of World War Z in an architectural white dress by Ralph & Russo.
Tulle Time27 of 29
Jolie wore another glittering dress while attending the Academy Awards earlier this year, choosing a sophisticated, semi-sheer Elie Saab gown
Jump Around28 of 29
At a photo call for Maleficent in May, she punched up a sleek Ralph Lauren jumpsuit with edgy cutout heels by Christian Louboutin.
Go Long29 of 29
While attending a reception for the movie, Jolie relied on one of her favorite designers, Atelier Versace, for this beaded gown with sheer sleeves.