Elle Cover: See Emma Watson's Style Takeover
- Next1 of 31Glo
- Previous Next2 of 31Carter Smith
- Previous Next3 of 31Carter Smith
- Previous Next4 of 31Carter Smith
- Previous Next5 of 31Carter Smith
- Previous Next6 of 31Carter Smith
- Previous Next7 of 31Mark Cuthbert/UK Press via Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 31Dave Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 31James Whatling/UK Press via Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 31Lawrence Lucier/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 31Justin Goff\UK Press via Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 31Dave Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 31Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 31Frederic SOULOY/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 31Nick Harvey/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 31Tony Barson/WireImage
- Previous Next17 of 31Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 31Jon Furniss/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 31Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 31Dave Hogan/Getty Images
- Previous Next21 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 31Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next23 of 31STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next24 of 31Gilbert Carrasquillo/FilmMagic
- Previous Next25 of 31Mike Marsland/Wireimage
- Previous Next26 of 31Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
- Previous Next27 of 31Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next28 of 31Fred Duval/FilmMagic
- Previous Next29 of 31Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next30 of 31David M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next31 of 31Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Elle Cover: See Emma Watson's Style TakeoverCelebs with the Best Winter Style
- Beyonce’s Best Fashion Moments
- 10 Faux and Real Fur Coats to Wear Now
- What His Outerwear Says About His Personality
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- Makeup Products That Work Best In Pairs
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
Unknown1 of 31
Kiss & Tell2 of 31
On the importance of having a life outside of acting:
"I remember reading this thing that Elizabeth Taylor wrote. She had her first kiss in character. On a movie set. It really struck me. I don't know how or why, but I had this sense that if I wasn't really careful, that could be me. That my first kiss could be in somebody else's clothes. And my experiences could all belong to someone else."
ON ELLE: The Best Celebrity Pixie Cuts
Truth Test3 of 31
On Noah, Darren Aronofsky's $125 million blockbuster:
"It's Shakespearean, what happens to this family when they're put in this confined space for 40 days and 40 nights. It's the end of the world—how these different human beings are dealing with the impact of that. Are humans good? Are we bad? All of these themes are epic."
ON ELLE: How To Revamp Your Wardrobe Now
Star Power4 of 31
Aronofsky on Emma's steely nerve while filming:
"We started off with one of Emma's hardest scenes. We shot in Iceland on a beach with an extremely difficult weather situation. The force of the wind—we could barely hear the actors. The sun kept coming in and out. We had to wait for the right light, then, 'Go, go, go!' Then, 'Wait, wait, wait!' She was able to block out all those ridiculous external forces and just focus on the emotion at hand."
Nothing But Net5 of 31
Here, Watson wears a Céline silk top and fishnet skirt, complete with a felt Chanel hat.
ON ELLE: 5 New Haircuts To Try For Spring
Hat Attack6 of 31
Keep clicking to see how Watson's style has changed over the years, and check out the April issue of ELLE, on newsstands March 25.
Gray Matter7 of 31
At the London premiere of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone back in 2001, a young Watson accessorized with a feather boa and gold clutch.
Shoulder On8 of 31
At the Scooby Doo screening the following year, she rocked a boho-inspired look in an off-the-shoulder peasant blouse and floaty skirt.
Lavender Fields9 of 31
The actress complemented a girlie lavender dress with beaded jewelry at the Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets London premiere in 2002.
In the Army10 of 31
At the movie's New York premiere, she opted for a completely different vibe, wearing a matching camo top and pants with embroidered flowers.
Sheer Genius11 of 31
Watson's deep purple gown was an elegant and more grown-up choice for the Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban premiere in 2004.
Oh, Boy!12 of 31
At the film's DVD launch party, she experimented with a tomboyish outfit, pairing baggy boyfriend jeans with a checked blazer.
Flat Out13 of 31
She looked age-appropriate at 2005's Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire premiere in a feminine dress, headband and sparkly flats.
Bead It14 of 31
Two years later, she showed up at another Harry Potter premiere in a fashion-forward, embellished frock by Chanel.
Cream of the Crop15 of 31
While attending a polo match in 2008, Watson kept cool and looked polished in a lace-trimmed Charles Anastase dress and strappy heels.
Space Age16 of 31
Later that year, the star's silver jacket and dress offered a futuristic feel at a Chanel fashion show.
Flower Power17 of 31
At the Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince premiere in 2009, Watson wore a vintage Ossie Clark gown that featured a daring plunging neckline and a pretty, understated print.
Midas Touch18 of 31
A year later, she showed off her legs in a custom-made Burberry mini with platform heels at the brand's fashion show.
Go Long19 of 31
She also wore the label's sexy, sophisticated one-shoulder gown at the 2010 Met Ball.
Lace Case20 of 31
Watson's Rafael Lopez dress was a mix of see-through lace and feathers—a slightly risqué choice for the Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 premiere.
White Out21 of 31
She displayed her affinity for short embellished dresses yet again in Marchesa's little white number at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.
Tulle Time22 of 31
At the London premiere of the final Harry Potter installment, she wore a fairy-tale-inspired Oscar de la Renta gown.
Smoke & Mirrors23 of 31
But at the film's New York premiere, Watson went for dramatic edge in a Bottega Veneta corset gown paired with slicked-back hair and smoky eyes.
Just Blazes24 of 31
Watson's Miu Miu ensemble—a leather blazer worn with a printed button-down and skirt—was the perfect combination of sweet and edgy at the Struck By Lightning premiere in 2012.
Fancy Pants25 of 31
At a screening for The Perks of Being a Wallflower later that year, she took a sartorial risk by layering a strapless Dior dress over pants.
Cut It Out26 of 31
The next year, Watson stunned at the Met Ball in a daring Prabal Gurung dress with strategically placed cutouts.
Neck & Neck27 of 31
At The Bling Ring premiere in Los Angeles, her peep-toe platforms lent some youthfulness to her tweed Chanel frock.
Crop Out28 of 31
She proved she could pull off an avant-garde architectural look in a structured Balenciaga crop top and high-waisted pants at the 2013 GQ Men of the Year Awards.
Lady in Red29 of 31
At the Golden Globes earlier this year, Watson again experimented with the dress-over-pants look, this time choosing a backless Dior dress over cropped trousers.
Take a Bow30 of 31
A month later, she was spotted at the ELLE Style Awards in London wearing a Giambattista Valli dress with a dramatic oversize bow.
All That Glitters31 of 31
At the 2014 Oscars, Watson opted for a simple yet sophisticated look in a subtly shimmery Vera Wang gown and bold red lip.