ELLE COVER: Jessica Biel
- Next1 of 29Glo
- Previous Next2 of 29Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 29Thomas Whiteside, styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next4 of 29Thomas Whiteside, styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next5 of 29Thomas Whiteside, styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next6 of 29Thomas Whiteside, styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next7 of 29Josiah Kamau/BuzzFoto/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 29Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 29Donna Ward/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 29NCP/Star Max/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 29Lester Cohen/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 29Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 29Phillip Massey/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 29Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next15 of 29Eric Charbonneau/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 29Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 29Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 29SAV/FilmMagic
- Previous Next19 of 29Jamie McCarthy/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 29George Pimentel/WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 29Carl Court/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 29Arnaldo Magnani/Getty Images
- Previous Next23 of 29Dimitrios Kambouris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next24 of 29Chris Weeks/WireImage
- Previous Next25 of 29Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next26 of 29Evan Agostini/Getty Images
- Previous Next27 of 29Amy Graves/WireImage
- Previous Next28 of 29Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
- Previous Next29 of 29Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage
INTRO-Jessica-Biel-21 of 29
Partner in Crine2 of 29
Biel’s thoughts on marriage: “It means always having someone there to open the pickle jar…to share the ups and downs with, have adventures with. Someone to go swimming naked with. That kind of thing.”
Gown Lowdown3 of 29
On choosing her wedding dress: “I wanted the dress to be very romantic and feminine and a shape that I very rarely wear. I have never been crazy about all-white wedding dresses, for me at least. [Giambattista Valli] had created that same fabric in a fuschia-and-pink combination for a dress in a previous collection, and I asked him if he could create that same pattern in a white combination, and he suggested pink. It was a bit of a leap of faith at the time, but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined."
Next in Line4 of 29
On plans for the future: My goal now is to work with great directors. Small role, big role, medium-size role—it doesn't matter. I just want to work with someone who's going to push me to a scary, exciting place that I've never been before."
Cake Boss5 of 29
On Justin Timberlake’s domestic side: “He bakes pies. He’s Southern, so he’s got all this influence from his grandma. He does a three-layer pie…and blueberry crunch cake, which is pretty unbelievable. It doesn’t happen all that often, thank God. Otherwise, it would be a big problem.”
ON ELLE: The Best Wedding Hairstyles of 2012
Tres Chic6 of 29
See more from Biel's shoot in the January issue of ELLE, on newsstands 12/18. In the meantime, click through the slides to see the actress' best looks over the years.
City Slickers7 of 29
In New York with Justin Timberlake, Biel kept it casual in a marbled blue scarf, gray coat and Bordeaux bag.
High & Mighty8 of 29
Very few can pull off a pompadour (the hairstyle of the moment) but at the Los Angeles premiere of Hitchcock, Biel managed the feat, gracefully pairing the 'do with a ruffled dress from Gucci's spring collection.
Color War9 of 29
Wearing the color-blocking trend flawlessly while on the way to David Letterman, Biel rocked a blue-and-green Roland Mouret dress with sky blue Jimmy Choo pumps.
Mock Trial10 of 29
Biel rocked leather pants, a gray felt coat and the footwear du jour, Tod's spray-sequined loafers, when she was spotted in New York last month.
Lace Case11 of 29
At the Trouble With the Curve after-party in Los Angeles, Biel stunned in an understated Dolce & Gabbana lace-paneled dress and a crushed-velvet Fendi bag. Super-straight hair with blunt bangs finished off the elegant look.
White Out12 of 29
Biel had a high-fashion moment at Total Recall's U.K. premiere in a white-feathered Giambattista Valli Couture.
Ivory Coast13 of 29
Sticking to a pale palette while in Ireland, Biel teamed loose, upswept locks and a bold red lip with an ivory Zac Posen satin dress and gold Manolo Blahnik heels.
Rosy Outlook14 of 29
The actress went retro (with an edge) in a rose Christian Dior Couture strapless dress and a statement-making crystal-and-pearl Tom Binns necklace.
Leather Weather15 of 29
If ever there's a time to take a style risk, it's at the annual Comic-Con in San Diego, where the star paired a Thierry Mugler PVC peplum pencil skirt and neon Brian Atwood pumps with a simple tee.
Emerald City16 of 29
At the Met Gala, Biel was ever so refined in form-fitting Prada with then-fiance Timberlake. An emerald Prada clutch and blush heels added an extra dose of color.
Antique Show17 of 29
At the 69th Golden Globes, the starlet's dark hair perfectly contrasted with her ivory lace Elie Saab Couture gown. A slit up the front gave the romantic style some sex appeal.
Hue Knew?18 of 29
In London, Biel was spotted in pops of color—rare for the star who sticks to mostly neutrals. In an orange top and pants, a cobalt blue satchel and deep blue heels, she made for an exciting photo op.
White Swan19 of 29
At Fashion Group International's 28th Annual Night of Stars, Biel effortlessly pulled off a sculptural cream Giambattista Valli Couture.
Just Bead It20 of 29
Possibly one of her best looks ever, this draped gold-and-silver Atelier Versace dress seemed to have been made specifically for Biel's body.
Code Red21 of 29
At the A Team premiere in London, her wild, beachy hair gave this Giambattista Valli body-con dress a relaxed vibe.
In the Navy22 of 29
Just steps behind then-boyfriend Timberlake, Biel wore a fitted navy jacket, white shirt and cropped pants on an outing in New York.
Perfect Fit23 of 29
In yet another stunning number, the actress turned heads at the 2012 Met Gala in a curve-hugging satin Ralph Lauren gown. Slightly ombre hair (a look she seems to lean toward) kept it youthful.
Heart of the Matter24 of 29
An asymmetrical red ruffled Oscar de la Renta dress was the perfect pick for the Los Angeles premiere of Valentine's Day. A matching lip and nude heels let the show-stopping gown really sing.
Blonde Ambition25 of 29
Back in 2007, the actress had much simpler taste on the red carpet. At the MTV Music Awards she arrived with bleachy blond waves and wearing a modest black-studded dress.
Short Order26 of 29
Biel wore a white peasant top, cropped pants and streaky blond hair on MTV's TRL in 2005. We had no idea what was to become of this future fashion plate.
Gray Matters27 of 29
At a party in 2004, Biel channeled the casual girl next-door in a gray tank and low-rise bell-bottoms. Evidently, she had killer curves even way back when.
Sheer Bliss28 of 29
At a PlayStation 2 party in 2001, Biel tried out a new look: a slouchy beanie, a white tank and exposed bra. The fresh-faced actress was clearly flexing her style chops from an early age.
Bathing Beauty29 of 29
When we first met the young star, she was a teen queen on network television. At a WB after-party in 1998, Biel wore glasses, a white tube top and sported the ultimate faux pas that only she could pull off: exposed tan lines.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession