ELLE February Cover: Katie Holmes
- Next1 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next2 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next3 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next4 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next5 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next6 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next7 of 13Splash News
- Previous Next8 of 13Splash News
- Previous Next9 of 13Splash News
- Previous Next10 of 13Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 13Darla Khazei/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next12 of 13Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 13DAVID KRIEGER/ bauergriffinonline.com
- ELLE February Cover: Katie HolmesCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
American Girl1 of 13
Katie Holmes arrived for her cover shoot in a simple sweater and black cropped pants, but quickly transformed into a smoldering movie star thanks to darker, sexier looks hand-picked for her by the ELLE fashion team.
American Girl2 of 13
This month's cover shoot was inspired by the dark, sexy drama of the 1992 Japanese movie Tokyo Decadence.
American Girl3 of 13
When Holmes's iconic family arrived at the L.A. studio, four-year-old Suri got to work helping her mom dress up in looks from Stella McCartney, Phillip Lim and her own Holmes & Yang label.
American Girl4 of 13
Later in the day, designer Tom Ford, who was shooting in a studio nearby, dropped in to say hello; after he left, Holmes donned a bodycon backless dress from the designer’s new collection.
American Girl5 of 13
Holmes also revealed that she often gets fashion advice from daughter Suri: “She’ll really tell me [what she thinks]. Like today I’m wearing brown suede pants, and she said, ‘I don’t like your pants.’ But then she’ll say, ‘You’ve got to wear these shoes.’ Or, ‘That’s so pretty, Mom. Wear that.’ She’s got a great eye.”
American Girl6 of 13
And on not letting the attention from the paparazzi get to her, the actress had this to say: “I don’t worry so much. It is what it is, and it’s fine. I’ll go somewhere because I need to get something done.”
American Girl7 of 13
The fashionable actress recently stepped out in a cool-yet-casual ensemble of cropped jacket, high-waisted trousers and fringed booties.
American Girl8 of 13
Here, the stylish star dons a '70s-inspired outfit of high-waisted jeans and plaid button down shirt.
American Girl9 of 13
A more dressed-up Katie heads out to present at the 2010 Tony Awards in a glamorous Armani Privé dress.
American Girl10 of 13
The actress chose this striped Celine frock for a movie premiere last summer.
American Girl11 of 13
Katie perfectly balances her eye-catching leopard print coat with nude shoes and a little black dress.
American Girl12 of 13
The star in a chic chevron stripe dress from her Holmes & Yang label, with husband Tom Cruise.
American Girl13 of 13
Fresh faced with a gently tousled 'do, Katie is the epitome of easy, American style.