ELLE February Cover: Reese Witherspoon
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous Next2 of 14Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Mario Grauso
- Previous Next3 of 14Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Mario Grauso
- Previous Next4 of 14Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Mario Grauso
- Previous Next5 of 14Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Mario Grauso
- Previous Next6 of 14Jeff Vespa/Getty Images for LACMA
- Previous Next7 of 14Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 14JB Lacroix/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 14Marc Piasecki/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 14Jeff Vespa/Getty Images For ELLE
- Previous Next11 of 14Retna
- Previous Next12 of 14Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 14Splash News
- Previous Next14 of 14Retna
INTRO_Reese_Elle_v031 of 14
Cover Love2 of 14
Witherspoon arrived in laid-back staples: J Brand jeans, Ralph Lauren riding boots, and a 3.1 Phillip Lim bag.
On thinking she wouldn't marry again: "Jim said, 'I'm gonna show you every day what a good partner is… I'm going to take care of you. I'm gonna do this so much that you’re gonna get used to it.' I was like, I've never had anybody like that in my life."
Moneymaker3 of 14
Stylist (and good friend) Mario Grauso's inspiration was the quintessential beach girl with a smoldering smoky eye and glowing, sun-kissed skin.
On earning a reported $15 to $20 million per film: "Every time they call and talk to me about money, I get embarrassed about it. A couple of women finally made me feel better: 'To get what you're making, do you know how much money people are making off of you?' I'm like, 'Oh, oh, okay.'"
Joy Ride4 of 14
Taking refuge from the hustle and bustle of L.A., Carter Smith shot the three-time ELLE cover girl at architect Harry Gesner's Malibu estate.
On living a less-than-perfect life: "No one's life is perfect, and I'm sick of whatever tabloid stuff or this or that story tries to portray. My life is just as realistic as everybody else's. Whoever thinks someone has a perfect life, I'm so eager to dispel that."
Keeping Up Appearances5 of 14
The mother of two chatted about HBO's Enlightened while she snacked on stuffed portobello mushrooms, chopped vegetable salad, and brownies with milk-chocolate chunks prepared by L.A.'s Love Catering.
On aging in Hollywood: "Nothin's going north. It's all going south, might as well put in on film now. But not without a lot of padding and a push-up bra."
Shining Light6 of 14
Witherspoon looked retro in the most modern way wearing a Cushnie et Ochs one-shoulder dress as she attending LACMA's honoring of Cilnt Eastwood at the Art + Film Gala.
Star Quality7 of 14
Looking sweet in Swiss dots, Witherspoon attended the induction ceremony for her Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star with her two cute-as-a-button children, Ava and Deacon.
Country Strong8 of 14
Witherspoon keeps it casual in tailored, earth-tone pieces while shopping at the Brentwood Country Mart in California.
French Dressing9 of 14
In the City of Light, Witherspoon goes Parisian chic in a gray double-breasted coat and sky-high suede booties.
Strictly Business10 of 14
While attending ELLE's 18th Annual Women In Hollywood Tribute, Witherspoon pumped up the sex appeal with a feminine bra underneath a lacy top and sophisticated suit. And with jade green drop earrings? Can we say pop?!
Blue Crush11 of 14
Witherspoon, who is a global ambassador for the Avon Foundation for Women, stepped out in a beaded cobalt blue belted dress by Jason Wu.
Setting Sail12 of 14
Witherspoon opted for classic comfort in a nautical striped sweater while shopping in Los Angeles.
California Dreamin'13 of 14
Looking SoCal cool, Witherspoon wears a denim shirtdress and red leather sandals with ease.
Bow-ed Over14 of 14
Witherspoon goes cute and cheeky at the Los Angeles premiere of How Do You Know in a body-hugging Zac Posen strapless dress.
NEXT GALLERY: Behind the Scenes of the ELLE January Cover Shoot
- 10 ways to wear fashion's most addictive trend
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- The Ultimate Modern-Day Dining Guide
- How to have a work "husband"
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession