ELLE: How to wear socks with heels
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Suno/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Bottega Veneta/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Edun/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Vera Wang/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Victoria Beckham/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Michael Kors/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Michael Kors/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana/ImaxTree/Elle
- ELLE: How to wear socks with heels10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Fancy Feet1 of 10
Wearing socks with heels is no longer considered tacky—find out how to pull off the look with help from our friends at ELLE.
Well Heeled2 of 10
Classic pumps, ankle- and T-straps feel extra sophisticated when paired with simple trouser socks.
Think Thin3 of 10
Slim nylon socks in black are the safest pick for classic heels.
ON ELLE: 50+ Outrageous Celebrity Shoes
Baby Steps4 of 10
Fold over socks to show a little more leg. Of course, if the look feels too fashion forward for your taste, try easing into the trend by pairing socks and heels with cropped trousers.
Color Correct5 of 10
Bored of black? Try a monochrome look like the one seen here for a fresh, streamlined style.
ON ELLE: How To Wear Wedges in Winter
Knit Pick6 of 10
Slouchy knit socks look relaxed and rugged when worn with boots, thick-heeled loafers or pumps.
Leg Warmers7 of 10
Hiking-inspired boots pair easily with chunky socks.
Haute Heels8 of 10
For Mary Janes and pumps, make sure shoes have a thick heel and other sturdy details like brassy hardware or a durable rubber sole.
Lace Up9 of 10
Embroidered or lace socks are extra-feminine and sweet. Wear all the way to the knee or right at your ankle bone.
Frill Seeker10 of 10
Feeling adventurous? Opt for a pair of frilly ankle socks to take an already stylish shoe to a whole new level.
ON ELLE: Instantly Slimming Winter Styles
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The oversized trend that's making a comeback
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 9 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 Must-Read Tips for a Healthy Divorce
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession