ELLE's 2012 Women in Hollywood issue
- Next1 of 18Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next2 of 18Alexi Lubomirski; Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 18Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 18Gilbert Carrasquillo/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 18Jemal Countess/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 18Alo Ceballos/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 18Alexi Lubomirski; Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next8 of 18Alo Ceballos/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 18Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 18Gilbert Carrasquillo/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 18Thomas Whiteside; Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next12 of 18Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 18George Pimentel/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 18Astrid Stawiarz/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 18Thomas Whiteside; Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next16 of 18Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next17 of 18Jason Merritt/Getty Images for Chanel
- Previous Next18 of 18Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic
Star Power1 of 18
In its 19th annual Women in Hollywood issue, ELLE presents nine top leading ladies, including Sarah Jessica Parker, Emma Watson, Octavia Spencer and Elle Fanning. See what they have to say about making it in Tinseltown, and take a look at some of their most recent style highlights. —Glo
Sarah Jessica Parker2 of 18
On Carrie Bradshaw and future roles: "I don't love the idea of playing another woman who loves fashion and is slightly flawed in New York City. I loved Carrie, and I don't want to do the poor man's version of her. And while those are often the lucrative things to do, it's more reason to look in the other direction."
In Full Bloom3 of 18
At the New York City Ballet Fall Gala, Parker opted for an ethereal floral-embroidered cape and gown from Valentino.
ON ELLE: 10 Amazing Celeb Red Carpet Looks
Body Work4 of 18
Parker's Fashion Week look? A fitted jersey dress by Diane von Furstenberg, perfect for showing off her trim figure.
Pink Lady5 of 18
Earlier this year at an amfAR gala, Parker turned heads by combining a feminine pink gown and ladylike gloves with a leather moto jacket.
Working Mom6 of 18
Parker gives her little one a lift while out and about in New York City. With Converse kicks and pastel cargo pants with zipper details, star's casual look still has plenty of style.
Emma Watson7 of 18
On Harry Potter fame: "I just knew, from the moment I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that I was meant to play that role…I put one of the Potter films on the other night. And it was amazing to me that I had done all of that. I have to remind myself every now and then."
Business or Pleasure?8 of 18
Watson looked all grown-up in a sleek black pants and fitted white blazer. The black heels—with their gold ankle chains—give the look its final touch of sophistication and strength.
Lady in Red9 of 18
The actress shows off her sexy side in a red-hot Valentino dress with a clingy lace top.
Tough Enough10 of 18
The doll-faced Watson adds some edge to her otherwise sweet ensemble with a tailored leather jacket that accentuates her itty-bitty waist.
Octavia Spencer11 of 18
On standing up for herself: "Early on I had to stand up to a producer—I won't say who, but he is famous, famous. He dressed me down in a crowded office. I told him right there in front of a hundred people, 'You don't know me well enough to use that tone.' And then I ran to the bathroom and cried like a baby."
Puttin' On the Glitz12 of 18
The Oscar winner wowed in a hand-beaded Tadashi Shoji gown on her winning night.
Sky's the Limit13 of 18
At the Toronto International Film Festival in September, Spencer makes a statement in bright sky blue.
Easy Does It14 of 18
Teal jeans and a polka-dot scarf keep Spencer's laid-back look fresh and fun.
Elle Fanning15 of 18
On having a normal childhood in Hollywood: “I can’t really remember my life without movies... [Growing up in Hollywood] is no different really. I make movies the same way other kids play tennis or go to piano lessons. I’m trying to get better at what I want to do, just like other kids are trying to get better at what they want to do.”
Sunny Side Up16 of 18
At the Critics Choice Movie Awards, Fanning went for sprightly and springy in a sunflower-happy Rodarte dress.
Class Act17 of 18
Black heels give Fanning's schoolgirl-sweet look a dose of glamour.
Age of Innocence18 of 18
With her milkmaid braids and vintage-inspired gown, Fanning looks like she could have stepped out of another era.
NEXT GALLERY: See What Katy Perry's Really Like
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession