5 Forgotten Fall Handbag Styles
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Madewell
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Claire Vivier
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Kate Spade
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Endless.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Brahmin
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of IIIBeCa
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Topshop
- 5 Forgotten Fall Handbag StylesCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Intro_V01a1 of 11
You've Got Mail2 of 11
With crossbody bags in full swing this season, the mailbag purse (also called a messenger bag) is making an oversize comeback. This casual canvas version can carry all of your homegrown necessities from the farmers market.
SHOP NOW: Madewell mailbag, $78
Something Blue3 of 11
A roomy blue carryall comes with a detachable strap, making for a discreet overnight bag that doubles as a purse.
SHOP NOW: Clare Vivier messenger bag, $363
Case Closed4 of 11
This perfectly sized envelope clutch allows you to store your notes from that late-afternoon meeting and hit post-work cocktails in style.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade clutch, $278
Hold Me5 of 11
A patchwork of colors and patterns gives this envelope clutch a little downtown edge.
SHOP NOW: Foley + Corinna clutch, $375
Fashion Emergency6 of 11
No more rooting around in your bag for your belongings. A structured doctor's bag is designed for easy access. Pair this faux-crocodile style with a ladylike suit during the workweek or a cardigan and skinny jeans come the weekend.
SHOP NOW: Brahmin bag, $325
On Call7 of 11
Sleek in both style and color, this M.D.-inspired style will become your everyday tote. A second, longer strap lets you sling it over your shoulder when you need to go hands-free.
SHOP NOW: IIIBeCa by Joy Gryson bag, $188
Horse Play8 of 11
The equestrian-inspired saddlebag is a highlight for fall. For a traditional take on the rugged trend, try this '70s-era vintage-style find.
SHOP NOW: Fossil bag, $168
Hot to Trot9 of 11
With a saddlebag that's more refined than rugged, you can wear it cross-body by day and over your shoulder by night for a look that's pretty and polished.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew saddlebag, $258
Love Actually10 of 11
A heart-shaped minaudière (a small, jewel-like clutch) adds plenty of romance to any party dress.
SHOP NOW: Tasha clutch, $68
Heart Stopper11 of 11
It may be too obvious for a first date, but why not carry this when you know he's the one?
SHOP NOW: Topshop clutch, $70