9 Sexy But Classy Pieces for Fall
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Altuzarra Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Outnet
- Previous Next3 of 10Barbara Bui Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Topshop
- Previous Next4 of 10Saint Laurent Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Outnet
- Previous Next5 of 10Givenchy Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Outnet
- Previous Next6 of 10Proenza Schouler Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Outnet
- Previous Next7 of 10Marc Jacobs Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Farfetch
- Previous Next8 of 10Emilio Pucci Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Outnet
- Previous Next9 of 10Michael Kors Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Topshop
- Previous Next10 of 10Burberry Prorsum Fall 2013/Imaxtree/Outnet
Dare to Wear1 of 10
By Melissa Magsaysay
Fall fashion generally calls for hefty fabrics and covered-up looks, but this time around is different. With cutout details, thigh-high boots and curve-hugging silhouettes, designers turned up the heat on the fall runways. See how you can make these nine sexy looks wearable for everyday.
Thigh High2 of 10
As skirt lengths are getting shorter, the slits running up the side are getting higher—check out Altuzarra for proof. To tame the look, pair a skirt that has a high slit with opaque black tights and a cozy mohair sweater.
Shop Now: Alice + Olivia stretch silk chiffon maxi skirt, $135
Leather Bound3 of 10
Leather may be a fall staple, but this season it has a decidedly sultry spin, as seen on Barbara Bui's runway. A pair of leather or leatherlike leggings is perfect for layering with boxy button-downs and boyfriend sweaters, a nod to the season's grunge trend.
SHOP NOW: Topshop leather-look-front leggings, $56
Mighty Mini4 of 10
Forget floor length—the mini is in. While miniskirts were shown at upper thigh-high lengths on Saint Laurent's runway (scandalous!), try something a little bit longer and pair it with chic loafers or brogues for a preppy, boy-meets-girl appeal.
SHOP NOW: Alice + Olivia Audra leather-trimmed miniskirt, $150
Sheer Bliss5 of 10
While Chloe's transparent skirt might be difficult to pull off, an ultra-feminine, sheer blouse in a rich jewel tone is a no-brainer.
SHOP NOW: McQ Alexander McQueen crinkled silk chiffon shirt, $206
Cold Shoulder6 of 10
Fall is full of peekaboo details like skin-baring slits at the arms and shoulders of tops and dresses (see: Proenza Schouler). For everyday, try a simple top with subtle cutout details.
Shop Now: Tibi cutout crepe top, $89
Pajama Party7 of 10
Luxurious loungewear-inspired pieces were all over fall runways, including Marc Jacobs', proving that a slip dress can be black-tie appropriate. Wear yours with satin loafers or ankle-strap heels for a look that's slinky and sophisticated.
Shop Now: Gold Hawk slip dress, $194
Tall Order8 of 10
Shimmy into a pair of thigh-high boots, like the ones at Emilio Pucci, for a daring fashion statement. Wear yours with a knee-length skirt that has a high slit and play with proportions by pulling on a fuzzy oversize sweater.
Shop Now: Oscar de la Renta Scubella thigh-high boots, $450
Corset Cool9 of 10
Bustier necklines and tops keep fall's overtly sexy vibe going in designer collections like Michael Kors. Balance out the structure and sexiness of a bustier by pairing it with a slouchy cardigan for day or underneath a sharp, tailored blazer for evening.
SHOP NOW: Topshop lace corset top, $45
Cat's Meow10 of 10
Leopard spots never grow old, so we weren't surprised to see the feline print on Burberry Prorsum's runway. Wear leopard pieces with pared-down basics in gray, black and denim.
SHOP NOW: Valentino RED leopard-print faille coat, $425
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession