Glo's Best of 2010 Awards
- Next1 of 23Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 23Rob Kim / Retna Digital
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 23Courtesy of Putnam
- Previous Next4 of 23Tim Street-Porter for ELLE DECOR
- Previous Next5 of 23Photo by Genevieve de Manio via Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 23Courtesy of NARS
- Previous Next7 of 23Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 23Courtesy of Apple
- Previous Next9 of 23Juan Ramon/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next10 of 23Courtesy of Voice
- Previous Next11 of 23Glo
- Previous Next12 of 23NY Daily News via Getty Images
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 23Courtesy of Bloomingdales
- Previous Next14 of 23LT: CAMERA PRESS/James Veysey/Retna Ltd.; RT: James Eden/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next15 of 23Comstock/Thinkstock
- Previous Next16 of 23Jackson Lee/Splash News
- Previous NextWant It!17 of 23Courtesy of CLEANCut
- Previous NextWant It!18 of 23Courtesy of Rodale
- Previous NextWant It!19 of 23Courtesy of Jimmyjane
- Previous Next20 of 23Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next21 of 23Glo
- Previous Next22 of 23Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next23 of 23AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Glo's Best of 2010 Awards10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
High/Low Union1 of 23
Check out our top picks of the year! —Glo
Uber-chic Lanvin fashions at H&M wallet-friendly prices? This too-good-to-be-true scenario sent a frisson of excitement through the style world when it was announced in September, and when the collection hit stores, the clothes did not disappoint. Fashionistas and celebs, like Natalie Portman, embraced the Alber Elbaz-designed duds.
Beauty Endorsement Deal2 of 23
Taylor Swift was certainly America's sweetheart this year. And CoverGirl had the good sense to sign her up for its newest ad campaigns. We can't imagine a scenario where those products don't sell out.
Memoir3 of 23
One of the best books we’ve read in a long time is Laura Munson’s This Is Not the Story You Think It Is, in which she describes how she stayed strong when her husband told her he wanted to leave her, responding with a firm, “I don’t buy it.” A must-read book of resilience, happiness and, ultimately, love.
SHOP NOW: This Is Not the Story You Think It Is, $17
Celebrity Home4 of 23
Out of all of the stars who've opened their homes for our voyeuristic eyes this year, our vote goes to Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo and her Spanish-style home in the Hollywood hills. The living room is the perfect blend of minimalism and high-design.
For more of Ellen Pompeo’s home, visit ELLE Decor
Wedding5 of 23
Of the various high-profile nuptials this year, we think that Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky was the best. Not only has the couple known each other since 1993, but they dated solidly for years, making their union more apt to last than other high-profile ones. Plus, the whole affair was tasteful and gorgeous.
Beauty Mascot6 of 23
Francois Nars' adorable dog Marcel became a regular "spokesdog" for the company's makeup line this year. He even answered reader questions on Twitter. We love his dapper outfits and cool swagger.
Tribute7 of 23
The death of Lee Alexander McQueen in February was a tremendous loss, not only to those close to him, but to the entire fashion community. Among the touching tributes paid to the designer, including the presentation of his final collection in Paris and his funeral in London, models Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss and Annabelle Neilson walked the runway in his creations for the Fashion for Relief charity show, organized to send aid to earthquake victims in Haiti.
Tech Splurge8 of 23
If you were not in line at the crack of dawn to get the most coveted gadget of the year, then it was definitely at the top of your Christmas list. Apple's iPad revolutionized how we chatted, gamed and worked on the go this year.
SHOP NOW: iPad, from $499
Bad Guy9 of 23
Another season of The Bachelor, another failed couple. When will our attention run out, we wonder? Never, if men like this past season’s Jake Pavelka dump their fiancés over the phone. Unlike dudes like Tiger and Jesse, Jake's crime was more dramatic than destructive. And while we don't want to encourage his fame-seeking, media-pandering ways, at least he made things interesting.
Stylish Read10 of 23
Fashion editor and style expert Nina Garcia's book offers advice on what to wear for any occasion, including an office party, a blind date, an art opening and when you're asking for a raise. Illustrated by Ruben Toledo, this smallish volume can live happily on your dresser to provide daily inspiration.
SHOP NOW: Nina Garcia's Look Book, $16
Design Star Surprise11 of 23
Vanilla Ice on DIY’s The Vanilla Ice Project takes the award for most surprising design star of the year. On his DIY Network show, the rapper-turned-real-estate-guru shows viewers the process of him remodeling, redecorating and flipping a house. If you got a problem, yo [he’ll] solve it. Ice, ice, baby.
For showtimes and video clips, visit DIYnetwork.com
Way to Quit12 of 23
We don’t think the country will soon forget former Jet Blue employee Steven Slater, who infamously quit via airplane loudspeaker, grabbed a couple beers and hightailed it off a plane via emergency blow-up slide.
Home Collaboration13 of 23
Out of the many home design collaborations this year, our personal favorite came from Georgina Chapman of Marchesa who is best known for her Hollywood red carpet gowns. In this collection she brought her feminine details and delicate touch to dinnerware.
SHOP NOW: Marchesa by Lenox dinnerware set, $180
Hair Transformation14 of 23
We loved Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley back during her Dawson's Creek days. But the actress she's grown into is even more impressive. And now she's got the chic, adult haircut to match it.
Not-So-Sexy Sex Trend15 of 23
This year, actress Jennifer Love Hewitt brought a new sexual grooming regimen to the masses: vajazzling. While we don’t necessarily condone gluing rhinestones to one’s nether regions, the fact that you can is really quite amazing. In a terrifying way, of course.
Post-Divorce Conduct16 of 23
Talk about a class act — Sandra Bullock may have endured a cheating husband and the tabloid train wreck that soon followed, but she kept her lips sealed for the most part, focusing on her adorable son Louis instead.
Home Shopping Purchase17 of 23
Late night television shopping was a guilty pleasure for so many people this year. Our favorite infomercial home item was the CLEANCut no touch paper towel dispenser. Using a motion sensor, the dispenser releases a stream of paper towels. Genius!
SHOP NOW: CLEANCut Dispenser, $140
Advice Book18 of 23
The last thing many of us want to think about is fighting with our significant others. While you can't avoid conflict completely, you can better understand what triggers you toward them fightin' words. Divorce lawyer Laurie Puhn’s book, Fight Less, Love More, is filled with great advice and relevant examples from her work with real people.
New Toy19 of 23
We’re big fans of Jimmyjane over here and this award goes to none other than its FORM 3 vibrator that was released this year. Its design allows for the toy to be used solo, by your partner on you or even during sex if carefully placed in the right spot. Plus, like all of Jimmyjane’s toys, it’s made from body-safe materials, it’s waterproof, and it's rechargeable.
SHOP NOW: FORM 3, $145
Designer20 of 23
Between the dreamy Fall 2010 designs and Spring 2011's super-sexy disco looks, Marc Jacobs presented arguably the best collections of the year. And that was just under his eponymous label; let's not forget about Fall's '50s-friendly fashions and Spring's incredibly rich romp to the Far East designed for Louis Vuitton.
Home Invader21 of 23
Ewww! Bedbugs were this year's hottest (and most feared) home accessory. The tiny bugs bit their way across the country and were found in Park Avenue mansions and modest rural homes alike. This is a trend we hope doesn't carry over into 2011.
Best Friends22 of 23
Oprah and her best pal, Gayle King, have created meaningful memories through their "Big Adventure" road trips and the talk show queen recently discussed their friendship with Barbara Walters, tearing up as she said of Gayle, “She is the mother I never had. She is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don't know a better person.”
Beauty Controversy23 of 23
The Brazilian Blowout was all the rage with celebrities like Nicole Richie and regular girls like our very own beauty editor. Now it's come to light that the procedure may include more chemicals than originally stated and could have some harmful effects after lengthy exposure.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession