How to Get Your Photo Taken at Fashion Week
- Next1 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 10Elena Braghieri/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next9 of 10Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 10Imaxtree
- How to Get Your Photo Taken at Fashion WeekCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Street Smart1 of 10
By Tiffany Tse
How do you get your picture snapped at Fashion Week when your name isn't Anna Dello Russo or Carine Roitfeld, you don't have access to an all-designer wardrobe, and you're not built like a 19-year-old Russian model? It turns out it may be easier than you think. We studied the latest sidewalk looks and came up with our top nine tips for getting your photo taken. Get ready for your 15 minutes of street-style fame!
Wear Crazy Shoes2 of 10
No matter what you're wearing above the ankle, you'll always stand out if you've got a pair of interesting shoes. This street-style subject wore slightly surreal pumps made to look like pedicured feet.
Show Some Skin3 of 10
Don't feel like you have to pull out your tiniest bandage skirt, but it does help if you're flaunting a little skin—in a tasteful and stylish way, of course, like Australian blogger Dasha Gold.
More Is More4 of 10
You might subscribe to the "less is more" mantra, but this is Fashion Week. If you're wearing an over-the-top ensemble, like The Blonde Salad blogger Chiara Ferragni's equestrian-inspired look, you're much more likely to get snapped.
Walk in Groups5 of 10
You know what they say: Good things come in threes. Or twos. What we mean is, you should arrive in a group, since you're more likely to get noticed with a few other well-dressed companions by your side.
Mix High & Low6 of 10
No, you don't have to splurge on head-to-toe designer clothes! In fact, showing that you know how to mix high and low pieces, like this stylish savant, gives you an edge.
Clash Prints7 of 10
Someone who's willing to mix three different prints is a sartorial risk-taker—and street-style photographers eat that up. Combine leopard and floral, plaid and polka dots, or whatever suits your fancy.
Rock a Cheeky Tee8 of 10
The photogs won't know how charming and witty you are, so wear a cheeky T-shirt that shows off your personality and grabs their attention.
Embrace Color9 of 10
Like bees to honey, street-style photogs are instantly drawn to head-to-toe color. If you're bold enough, try a hue that's bright and flashy and will stand out in a sea of blacks and neutrals.
Be Tall10 of 10
Simply put, it's easier to stick out if you're a head taller than everyone else. So, petite ladies, pull out your highest heels. And tall girls, look even taller.
- 10 ways to wear fashion's most addictive trend
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- The Ultimate Modern-Day Dining Guide
- How to have a work "husband"
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession