How To Layer Like A Street Style Pro
- Next1 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next2 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next4 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 11Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 11Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next10 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 11Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- How To Layer Like A Street Style ProSkincare Secrets for Every Age
- Take Note: Schoolgirl Style to Copy This Fall
- 10 Celeb Beauty Secrets Reveals
- How to Go Gray Gracefully
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- How To Create Fall's Beauty Looks At Home
- Look Irresistible In Your Online Dating Profile
- 10 Jeans To Make You Look Skinnier
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Layer It On1 of 11
By Tiffany Tse
Everyone knows that the solution to staying warm and stylish in the winter is layering, but understanding how to pull it off—without looking bulky or sloppy—isn't as obvious. To help you master the technique, we've rounded up ten stellar fashion examples from the streets of Paris, London and New York. See how these real women play with lengths, textures and cuts for layered perfection.
Shorts Story2 of 11
The fashion student gives her shorts a seasonally appropriate spin by styling them with an oversize tartan jacket, sweater and dark tights.
White Out3 of 11
Pull off winter whites by playing with proportions and texture, like a cozy short-sleeve sweater over a silky long blouse.
On The Button4 of 11
To upgrade a basic button-down, wear it underneath a short-sleeve sweater and add a crystal bib necklace.
Good Jeans5 of 11
Lend polish to a faded jean jacket by layering tailored outerwear over it, like this New Yorker does with her camel coat.
Suit & Tie6 of 11
Borrow from the boys and combine tailored pieces, like a coat, blazer and oxford shirt. Throw on a pair of pointy-toe pumps for a touch of femininity.
Knit Wit7 of 11
Layer a shrunken moto jacket over a crochet sweater and collared shirt to create a bundled-up look that's fresh and playful.
Puff Piece8 of 11
A printed blouse and cuffed jeans elevate a puffy jacket.
Vested Interest9 of 11
Try out one of fall's hottest trends—the sophisticated blazer vest—by wearing it over a T-shirt and skinny jeans.
Go Long10 of 11
Experiment with lengths by pairing a sweater over a knee-length tunic and cropped jeans.
Blue Crush11 of 11
How to break up a colorful look? Drape a neutral jacket over your shoulders and finish with similarly understated accessories.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession