How to layer without looking bulky
- Next1 of 10Gwyneth Paltrow: GVK/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next2 of 10Jessica Alba: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next3 of 10Camila Alves: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next4 of 10Elizabeth Olsen: Ralph/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next5 of 10Katie Holmes: Humberto Carreno/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next6 of 10Kim Kardashian: WSB/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next7 of 10Debra Messing: Theo Wargo/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 10Nicole Richie: Michael Tran/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 10Sofia Vergara: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10Daisy Lowe: Neil Mockford/FilmMagic
- How to layer without looking bulky10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Piece by Piece1 of 10
By Lilah Nicolaidis
With the first day of fall just weeks away, it's time to start thinking about your autumn wardrobe. Here are ten tips on how to stylishly layer without bulking up.
Gwyneth Paltrow layers for a flight, pairing a wisp of a tee with a lightweight jacket and crisp white denim, guaranteeing comfortable, stylish travel.
It's a Tie2 of 10
Tame a sexy sundress (and the air–conditioner chills) with a light button-down shirt. Jessica Alba ties hers around the waist, showing off her enviable post-baby body.
Skin Is In3 of 10
A leather jacket is a must-have for fall. Camilla Alves flaunts her baby bump in a cropped silhouette without losing style points. But don't worry, this style would look equally cool paired with a more forgiving dress.
Wrap Around4 of 10
If it's still too hot for a sweater, try an oversize scarf or wrap like Elizabeth Olsen's. It's useful as both a light cover-up and as a warming accessory when temperatures drop.
Business Attire5 of 10
Katie Holmes' fashion line debuts in New York this September. We wonder if this tailored blazer and sheath dress come from her collection.
Top to Bottom6 of 10
Even though it's hot, hot, hot in Honolulu, Kim Kardashian keeps cool in a flowy silk top that could easily transition into fall. A monochromatic look is slimming, even in summery cream.
Add Ons7 of 10
As seen on Debra Messing, slenderizing black trousers and a blazer that falls mid-hip helps elongate legs. And a little shimmer ensures this look is nighttime-appropriate.
All A-Long8 of 10
Style maven Nicole Richie knows that nighttime doesn't always call for a jacket or sweater. Try a thin long-sleeve top with a full skirt for an elegant, elongating outfit.
Sheer Genius9 of 10
Sheer tights add an element of sophistication. Sofia Vergara goes with sheer black—stylish, slimming and warmer than stepping out with nude gams.
Skirt the Issue10 of 10
Model Daisy Lowe chooses the season's hottest shape—the midi skirt—to keep her legs warm while elongating her shape.
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession