Inspiration Board: Kate Moss
- Next1 of 24All Action/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next2 of 24Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 24Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 24Eamonn McCormack/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 24Eamonn McCormack/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 24Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 24Eamonn McCormack/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 24Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 24NY Daily News via Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 24Rabbani and Solimene Photography/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 24Eamonn McCormack/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 24Tom Wargacki/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 24Fred Duval/FilmMagic
- Previous Next14 of 24NY Daily News via Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 24Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 24Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 24All Action/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next18 of 24Arnoldo Magnani/Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 24Ke.Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 24Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 24David M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 24David M. Benett/Getty Images for Rimmel London
- Previous Next23 of 24David M. Benett/Getty Images for Rimmel London
- Previous Next24 of 24Neil P. Mockford/FilmMagic
- Inspiration Board: Kate Moss9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Inspiration Board1 of 24
By Lilah Nicolaidis and Abby Gardner
Since she was first discovered in 1988, supermodel Kate Moss has inspired countless people—including designers, hair stylists and makeup artists—with her beauty and fashion choices. In honor of her 40th Birthday (we can't believe it either), take a look at the British beauty's style evolution over the years.
Smooth Move2 of 24
By 1993, Miss Moss was already a five year veteran of the biz (that's pretty much over-the-hill in model years), but she looked so fresh in a sophisticated minimalist sheath. This season, designers like Celine, Stella McCartney and Narciso Rodriguez showcased similarly sleek designs.
On The Side3 of 24
Way back when, at the tender age of 20, Kate perfectly showed off one of fall's biggest beauty trends: the deep side part. It's the ideal way to add a little something extra to an everyday look — especially if you usually wear a middle part.
Real Simple4 of 24
Looking like the queen of casual cool, Kate stepped out in bell bottoms and a simple tee. What a perfect weekend look — low-key and cute enough to please your man, but stylish enough to satisfy your fashion cravings.
High Times5 of 24
Now that's how you wear the bouffant trend that popped up on runways like Prada and Nina Ricci. Granted, it helps to have a face like that. But we think this is something to try for a fun evening out.
Re-Boot6 of 24
Over-the-knee boots made style headlines last fall but, as usual, Kate was way ahead of the trend and wore hers folded over and slouchy on the streets of London in 2003.
A True Classic7 of 24
The red lip and almost-naked eye has long been a favorite of ours ... and obviously Kate's too. Karl Lagerfeld sent models down the runway looking almost exactly like this at Couture.
Come As You Are8 of 24
Kate's boxy camel coat paired with a pleated skirt, tall boots and knee high socks was a quite sophisticated take on mid-nineties grunge.
Chop, Chop9 of 24
Ever wonder where actresses like Michelle Williams and Carey Mulligan got modern day inspiration for their adorably cropped cuts? Look no further than La Moss in 2000.
Some Enchanted Evening10 of 24
Next time you have an evening event or a black tie affair try a tuxedo jacket and long full skirt for a winning look. This sophisticated and fashion forward style is actually quite easy to pull off and looks flattering on most figures.
In The Bedroom11 of 24
Sexy bedroom eyes, complete with lots of shadow, are huge this fall. Kate, as usual, was way pre-curve. How we wish we had her fashion-forward vision.
Basic Instinct12 of 24
As the face and body of Calvin Klein Jeans, Kate shows off her legs in dark straight leg denim. Perfectly paired with a simple striped top, she is the epitome of simple chic.
Show Your Stripes13 of 24
Look who was doing ombre hair all the way back in 1995. Of course, it was the chicest woman of our generation.
Details, Please14 of 24
Of course a supermodel has the best accessories, and here Kate shows us how to wear a bright bag — with a strong black and white print.
Old School15 of 24
Knowing just how to change things up, Kate sometimes embraces a more Hollywood glam look. But just like the models who sported it on the fall runways, there's still something a little less than perfect about it ... intentionally.
Bright Light16 of 24
Someone who wears clothes for a living (among other things) knows that metallics and sequins make for the most glamorous evening ensembles. Kate's capelet reminds us of looks shown this fall at Balmain and Lanvin.
Bed Head17 of 24
Now this might be the quintessential Kate Moss look and the one seen most often for fall at shows like Jill Stuart and Rebecca Taylor: mussed "I just woke up/just got home" hair.
Pile It On18 of 24
Here, Kate illustrates one of the season's biggest trends, layering. Her brightly patterned dress is well-balanced by her black jacket, shoes and tights, making for a sleek, chic and slimming look (for those of us who need it).
Straight & Narrow19 of 24
If messy isn't really your thing, there was also a strong showing for super straight hair, too. And of course, Kate got it spot on by making sure there was still drama in the form of her eye makeup.
Follow The Leader20 of 24
This heavily beaded and be-sequined dress says 1920s and dance-inspired to us — two of fall's hottest trends.
Honor Roll21 of 24
Kate wowed in an Alexander McQueen dress at the British Fashion Awards this year. She was honored with the Special Recognition Award, presented by Marc Jacobs, for her 25 years in the fashion industry.
Laid Back22 of 24
Kate is effortlessly stylish in fringe while lounging at a Rimmel London photo call in 2013. Kate started her collaboration with the brand in 2001 and launched her collection of lipsticks in 2011.
Cape Town23 of 24
At the "Rimmel London: 180 Years of Cool" party in 2013, Kate plays with the latest winter cape trend.
Earn Your Stripes24 of 24
The beauty was spotted wearing one of her favorite fuzzy jackets—one she's worn on multiple occasions—to a signing for the 60th anniversary edition of Playboy, featuring Kate on its cover.
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession