Joe A to Zee: Halloween
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next3 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next4 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next5 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next6 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next7 of 13The Pirate Wench Update
- Previous Next8 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next9 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next10 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next11 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next12 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next13 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Joe A to Zee: HalloweenCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Intro_JoeZee1 of 13
The Cleopatra2 of 13
October 31: Glamour-puss Liz Taylor embodied her, and rumor has it Angelina will be next. In fact, I don’t think there’s a woman out there who doesn’t fantasize about being the Queen of the Nile—the jewels! Mark Antony!—for one night, at least.
The Cleopatra Update3 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: This is an easy fix. I took my inspiration from Michael Kors, whose runway always hints at the decadence of the ’70s. After all, didn’t Studio 54 offer the same debauchery as the wild Egyptian times? (They shared a taste for outré eyeliner, at least.) I love the shine of gold lamé for day and the pleated fullness of the skirt; cutting it to knee length and pairing it with a sumptuous multi-ply cashmere sweater is the perfect example of modern chic.
FROM ELLE: Glamorous Makeup for Halloween
The Carmen Miranda4 of 13
October 31: Is there anything more campy than wearing plastic fruit on your head? Tonight, shake your maracas as Carmen (or Charo), then use every other day to channel her fun sexiness.
FROM ELLE: Kooky Runway-Inspired Costumes
The Carmen Miranda Update5 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: I went for cruise chic—the colorful, frilly bra top peeking out from under a boyfriend button-down, worn with a long skirt. Does anyone actually lounge by a pool in full regalia, you’re wondering? My answer is, if you dress for it, you never know what could happen. At the very least, you’re set for next summer’s beach party/clambake/heat wave.
FROM ELLE: The Best Haircut For Your Face Shape
The Pirate Wench6 of 13
October 31: You can thank the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise for this year’s most ubiquitous getup. As Penélope and Keira have demonstrated, swashbuckling women are fierce, yet sexy and camera ready.
FROM ELLE: 25 Things Every Woman Should Know
The Pirate Wench Update7 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: The other 364 days a year, I’m not a big fan of the peasant top—it’s just sloppy. And boho chic is so done. But when it’s worn with tailoring and jeans à la Chanel, it becomes something else altogether: the perfect daytime uniform.
FROM ELLE: How Well Will You Age?
Krueger8 of 13
October 31: Forgoing the typical “sexy” characters? Bravo. This menswear-inspired Elm Street look is shockingly on trend.
Krueger Update9 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: This time, I was inspired by the cool street chic of Parisian designer Isabel Marant. Which selfrespecting French girl—or wannabe—doesn’t adore a standby striped top? In this case, I neutralized the shirt’s masculinity by slimming down the body and slashing off the sleeves to create a summer tank—all easily accomplished with the help of a seamstress at the local dry cleaner.
The Sock Hopper10 of 13
October 31: Bad Sandy is a no-brainer on the one day of the year when everyone’s unleashing their inner vixen. But while Good Sandy may not be the most popular option—choosing to be dowdy is a tough sell—it’s available at any thrift shop and infinitely easier than squeezing into a black spandex catsuit.
The Sock Hopper Update11 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: It may have been de rigeur for every priss 50 years ago, but the poodle skirt/sweater set look screams librarian. Take a cue from Gossip Girl: Shrink the skirt, then add a modern knit and a skinny belt.
The Witch12 of 13
October 31: These days, the witch looks like someone who might be more suited to dancing onstage (ahem) than taunting Snow White with an apple. This witch may not have warts, but at least she’s still equipped with the broomstick and pointy hat.
The Witch Update13 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: After I ditched the theatrical add-ons, this was an easy fix: I incorporated the black bustier as a peek-a-boo layering piece under the always sexy LBD. But if your witch is a little more classic, use your imagination: hem the dress short and cinch it with an eye-catching belt. At least it’s already black.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession