Kentucky Derby Hats
- Next1 of 22Michael Hickey/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 22Michael Hickey/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 22Michael Hickey/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 22Michael Hickey/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 22Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 22Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 22Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 22Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 22Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 22Michael Hickey/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 22Stephen Cohen/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 22Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 22Jeff Gentner/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 22AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 22Matthew Stockman/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 22Matthew Stockman/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 22Al Bello/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 22Jamie Squire/Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 22Rob Carr/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 22Jamie Squire/Getty Images
- Previous Next21 of 22Matthew Stockman/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 22Harry How/Getty Images
HIT: Paula Patton1 of 22
Here's a look at the hits and misses of 2011's Kentucky Derby hats. —Alexis Jonnson
Patton dazzles in this stunning in this straw number.
For complete race coverage, check out FOX SPORTS.
MISS: Jordin Sparks2 of 22
If you're daring enough to wear purple streaks in your hair, then take a hat risk! Jordin's combo is just too dull for Derby day.
MISS: Vanessa Minnillo3 of 22
We love an all-black outfit, but this headpiece is just too petite and reminiscent of Damon Wayans's hat catastrophes during In Living Color's "Men on Film" moments.
HIT: Marisa Miller4 of 22
Taking a flapper-inspired approach works wonders to showcase this Thoroughbred's golden mane.
MISS: Maria Menounos5 of 22
Oh, Maria. We love you but this silly sculpted hat is wearing you and taking attention away from that pretty face.
HIT: Erin Andrews6 of 22
It's best to stick with neutral colors when going for such an elaborate headpiece, but Erin has the personality to pull off such an over-the-top hat.
MISS: Aubrey O'Day7 of 22
Although something ornate is Derby Day appropriate, this hat is a tad matronly for such a filly.
HIT: Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas8 of 22
Chilli keeps it cool, pairing a tasteful black hat with her strapless floral dress.
HIT: Kate Walsh9 of 22
A simple hat with a feather accent is the perfect topper to Kate's understated yet chic shift dress.
MISS: Julie Benz10 of 22
Red with black tulle is a bit too bordello for a Derby Day VIP.
HIT: Betsey Johnson11 of 22
Betsey keeps it fun with a quirky striped hat.
HIT: Bonnie-Jill Laflin12 of 22
The equestrian dress and diamond horseshoe earrings are a little much, but taking a risk in Louisville is always a good thing. Giddyup!
HIT: Melissa Biggs13 of 22
This Baywatch actress keeps the mystery behind her ever-so-classic white-rimmed hat.
HIT: Crowd Pleaser14 of 22
While the celebs in attendance may have had 3-1 odds of winning the Triple Crown, we think these real women gave them a run for their money.
A statement hat makes you easy to spot in the crowd after one too many mint juleps. Your friends will thank you later.
MISS: Spider Woman15 of 22
This concoction is more tarantula than hat and a little frightening for anyone with arachnophobia.
HIT: Think Pink16 of 22
Feathers: Check. Ribbons: Check. Southern belle: Check.
MISS: White Wedding17 of 22
Is Billy Idol at Churchill Downs? Because this hat is a little more white wedding than race spectator.
MISS: Cheese Head18 of 22
This fan needs to be reminded that the racetrack is in Kentucky, not Wisconsin.
HIT: Flower Patch19 of 22
A lady is never too young to step out in a fashionable floral hat.
HIT: Neon Lights20 of 22
Stand out in the crowd by turning up the color volume on an already bright hat.
HIT: Southern Comfort21 of 22
Take a timeout from the hot Southern sun under this modern lady-like hat.
MISS: Abstract Expression22 of 22
The hat is a bit of a ribbon-miss, but champagne in hand is an absolute must!
NEXT GALLERY: Check out these hats from the royal wedding!
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession