- Next1 of 11Michael Kors: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 11Angelina Jolie : Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 11Diane Keaton: SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 11Jennifer Aniston: Splash News
- Previous Next5 of 11Miranda Kerr: EM43 / Splash News
- Previous Next6 of 11Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Jun Sato/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 11Kate Moss: KCSPresse/Splash News
- Previous Next8 of 11Alexa Chung: Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Katie Holmes: KCSPresse/Splash News
- Previous Next10 of 11Emma Watson: Jon Furniss/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 11Elizabeth Hurley: Jackson Lee/Splash News
Closet Confidential1 of 11
Michael Kors On The 10 Things Every Woman Should Have In Her Closet
By Alexis Jonnson
With the ninth season of Project Runway in full swing, we sought out the always-candid judge, designer Michael Kors, for his style advice. The master of all-American sportswear shares his list of 10 wardrobe staples that every woman should have. Take it from a man with 30 years in fashion…
1. Tailored Black Pantsuit2 of 11
It's an ultra-chic way for any woman to make a statement—without really making a statement.
2. Crisp White Shirt3 of 11
Wear it with fitted denim and heels for a look that's effortlessly polished.
3. Black Sheath Dress4 of 11
Make this timeless piece your own with this sesason's "it" accessories: the minimalist sandal and gold chandelier earrings.
4. Black Pencil Skirt5 of 11
Seek out an updated retro below-the-knee version for a look that's subtly sexy.
5. Neutral-Colored Cashmere Sweater6 of 11
Nothing is more luxe—and worth the investment. Stock up on shades of gray, black and camel with a variety of necklines.
6. Fur Vest7 of 11
Faux or real—layer it on to add texture and sophistication to an otherwise standard outfit.
7. Classic Trench8 of 11
Go from the office to a night on the town in timeless outerwear.
8. Dark Fitted Jeans9 of 11
Opt for a skinny pair that hits at the ankles for a cut that will work with both flats and heels.
9. Nude Stiletto10 of 11
A pair of sleek heels in your skin's own tone elongates your legs and can be worn no matter the season.
10. Cognac Leather Satchel11 of 11
A roomy, cognac-colored bag can be paired with any outfit.
NEXT GALLERY: Fall's Bold Gold Jewelry Trend
- 10 beauty tips for getting photo-ready
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- How to Be More Outrospective
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession