Mad For Plaid
- Next1 of 15Christian Dior: Imaxtree
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 15Courtesy of L.L.Bean
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 15Courtesy of Endless.com
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 15Courtesy of Talbots
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 15Courtesy of Barneys New York
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 15Courtesy of Coach
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 15Courtesy of Sorel
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 15Courtesy of Victoria's Secret
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 15Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 15Courtesy of Lacoste
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 15Courtesy of American Eagle
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 15Courtesy of Saks Fifth Avenue
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 15Courtesy of Bloomingdales
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 15Courtesy of Lord & Taylor
- Previous NextWant It!15 of 15Courtesy of J. Crew
- Mad For PlaidCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Check, Please1 of 15
The holiday season is the perfect time to wear a festive plaid. Here are the most stylish ways to try this trend, from a classic tartan scarf to an offbeat Buffalo-check tote.
Belt It Out2 of 15
By Laurie Trott
Try two trends at once with this universally flattering wool trench.
SHOP NOW: L.L.Bean Trench, $179
Step Lively3 of 15
More suited for a festive cocktail party than dancing the jig, these heels perfectly complement a little black dress.
SHOP NOW: Bettye Mueller shoe, $319
Keep it Green4 of 15
For a rich winter look, add a splash of emerald to your cold-weather ensemble.
SHOP NOW: Talbots scarf, $69
Throw Some Shade5 of 15
These frames look cool and protect your eyes from the sun.
SHOP NOW: Mosley Tribes sunglasses, $180
Holiday Cheer6 of 15
Make searching for those keys and lipstick more fun with a playful tartan check satchel.
SHOP NOW: Coach bag, $298
Rough It Up7 of 15
Don't sacrifice your personal style while trekking through snowbanks in these boots.
SHOP NOW: Sorel boot, $100
The Pajama Game8 of 15
Rock this trend long after the day is done with this cozy sleep set.
SHOP NOW: Victoria's Secret Set, $60
Minimal Effort9 of 15
A simple black-and-white skirt is a great starting point for any office outfit.
SHOP NOW: Ann Taylor skirt, $98
The Preppy Handbook10 of 15
Pay homage to the style bible that worships at the altar of plaid and accessorize with a bow-detailed headband.
SHOP NOW: Lacoste headband, $20
Checked Out11 of 15
Give a nod to the glam-grunge trend by pairing this shirt with a sequined mini, chunky cardigan and high-heeled boots.
SHOP NOW: American Eagle shirt, $30
Change Is Good12 of 15
A clever little coin purse for all that loose change is so handy.
SHOP NOW: Comme des Garçons pouch, $105
Hand It Over13 of 15
Stay warm in style with a classic Burberry check glove.
SHOP NOW: Burberry gloves, $225
Be Bold14 of 15
Shake things up by adding a vibrant Buffalo-check tote to your everyday look.
SHOP NOW: Lucky Brand tote, $99
Scaled Down15 of 15
This delicately sequined top makes a big statement thanks to offbeat colors and a Highland plaid design. Definitely worth the splurge!
SHOP NOW: J. Crew top, $650