8 Best Lines From the Man Repeller's New Book
- Next1 of 9Courtesy of Grand Central Publishing
- Previous Next2 of 9Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 9Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 9Robin Marchant/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 9Kamel Lahmadi/Style and the City
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Grand Central Publishing
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Grand Central Publishing
- Previous Next8 of 9Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 9Michael Buckner/Getty Images
- 8 Best Lines From the Man Repeller's New BookCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
You Can Quote Her1 of 9
Leandra Medine is funny, a little bit wacky and 100 percent honest. In her new book, Man Repeller: Seeking Love, Finding Overalls, the blogger tells all (and by all, we mean all) about gaining weight, losing her virginity and breaking into fashion. The Devil Wears Prada it is not—it's better! Check out our favorite zingers—poignant with an occasional hint of crass—from the book.
On Shoes2 of 9
"While some people use books and others movies or television or music to escape real life, or to reward themselves. For as long as I could remember, I had used shoes."
On Her Style Inspiration3 of 9
"The fundamental difference between [my friend] Rachel and me was that she could wholeheartedly catalog a woman like Bethenny Frankel as style inspiration while I found her off-putting. I was looking more toward a woman like Chloe Sevigny, or, say, a really thin gay man for my style cues."
On Lingerie4 of 9
"Frankly, in terms of lingerie, I felt sexiest in my uniform: high waist cotton panties... and a sports bra, if any bra at all. Lingerie seems not to be the vehicle that produces feminine self-confidence and sexiness, but rather the vehicle to get a rise out of our male counterparts."
On Finding Love5 of 9
"This relationship was simply lifetime camaraderie with a man who liked my harem pants before I liked my harem pants, who had loved me before I loved me."
Mother-Daughter Moment6 of 9
"Sure, it's a mother's dream to see her daughter marry a good man, but what happens when she's your only daughter and you're best friends? I am talking some serious BFF action: we once lived in the same body—and she is the only human who never judged me for eating my boogers until I was 12 (fine, 16)."
Marriage Material7 of 9
"What people will not tell you is that once you get past the big mass of actually getting married, what you're left with is the exact same relationship you were in before."
Biker Babe8 of 9
"If people remember nothing else about me when all is said and done, they should remember my other life mantra: when in doubt, add a motorcycle jacket. Heck, even when not in doubt, just add a motorcycle jacket."
In Control9 of 9
"It is enlightening, albeit intimidating, to think how much control we have over our own lives. But understanding it and treasuring it—treating it like the powerful entity that it is—is the key to happiness."
READ THE BOOK: Man Repeller: Seeking Love, Finding Overalls
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession