- Next1 of 9Glo
- Previous Next2 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next3 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next4 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next5 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next6 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next7 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next8 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next9 of 9Photo by Alexis Jonnson
- Middle WomenCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
STYLE_Intro_MiddleWomen_v021 of 9
Go Gray2 of 9
Embrace one of this season’s most flattering tones and opt for gray head-to-toe. Just go darker or lighter depending on your complexion and hair color.
SHOP NOW: Gray Cardigan, $79
Casual Encounter3 of 9
A shawl or wrap is a great layer for any season. Wear yours with a T-shirt or even over another sweater as the weather turns colder.
SHOP NOW: Shawl, $54
Dark Days4 of 9
The all-black outfit has become a uniform for so many of us because it just works. Add texture through knits and materials like leather or silk for a more interesting spin on this look.
SHOP NOW: Black Sweater Dress, $195
Wild West5 of 9
Americana will be back in a major way next spring, so get a jump-start on this trend with a denim button down or a pair of reworked cowboy boots.
SHOP NOW: Denim Shirt, $50
Sail Away6 of 9
Let nautical-inspired stripes take you away from the everyday. Perfectly paired with a blazer, jeans and ballet flats, stripes make this outfit effortlessly chic.
SHOP NOW: Striped Top, $100
Back to Earth7 of 9
Natural tones like gray, brown and beige are fashionable alternatives to basic black. Secret stylist tip: These shades are always interchangeable and complementary.
SHOP NOW: Brown Corduroy Pants, $60
Instant Classic8 of 9
That fall staple, the trench coat, will always make you feel pulled together, whether layered over jeans or a suit.
SHOP NOW: Trench Coat, $100
Ride On9 of 9
Riding boots, whether black, brown or two-tone, are one of the must-have silhouettes of the season.
SHOP NOW: Riding Boots, $220