- Next1 of 16Courtesy of Bally
- Previous Next2 of 16Courtesy of Rebecca Taylor
- Previous Next3 of 16Courtesy of A.P.C.
- Previous Next4 of 16Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next5 of 16Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next6 of 16Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next7 of 16Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next8 of 16Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next9 of 16Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next10 of 16Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous Next11 of 16Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next12 of 16Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next13 of 16Courtesy of Rag & Bone
- Previous Next14 of 16Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next15 of 16Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next16 of 16Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Minimalist ResortwearCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Bare Minimal1 of 16
By Nicole Mann Novick
When you think of warm weather getaway garb, bright hues and floral prints may come to mind. But this season, resortwear designers are keeping things classic and understated with minimalist shapes and neutral tones. Whether you're island-hopping for the holidays or hoping to be soon, here are 15 sleek pieces that are the perfect escape from winter's bundled-up shapes.
Jump Start2 of 16
A drapey elegant jumpsuit is a playful and practical way to keep it simple while staying on trend.
SHOP NOW: Rebecca Taylor Jumpsuit, $325
In The Bag3 of 16
Pair a simple, neutral-tone shoulder bag with any outfit, day or night.
SHOP NOW: A.P.C. Shoulder Bag, $470
Connect The Dots4 of 16
Itty-bitty dots add a touch of minimalist detailing to a pair of classically tailored shorts.
SHOP NOW: Acne Macau Silk Shorts, $245
Gray Matters5 of 16
Pair straight-legged, cropped trousers with ballet flats and a loose-fitting tank for a polished but low-key look.
SHOP NOW: Paperboy by G1 Colloquium Trousers, $70
Pocket Watch6 of 16
Oversized pockets are all the adornment a chic, minimalist dress needs.
SHOP NOW: La Garçonne Moderne Painter Dress, $695
Think Tank7 of 16
Try an asymmetrical tank for a sexy look when paired with simple leggings and boots.
SHOP NOW: Helmut Lang Terra Tank, $140
Tall Order8 of 16
Skip the classic wedge and slip on a platform sole for a boost to hippy-chic sandals.
SHOP NOW: KORS Michael Kors Zoe Sandal, $275
In The Black9 of 16
A touch of shine gives this subtle, black one-piece added poolside drama.
SHOP NOW: Norma Kamali Wet-Look Swimsuit, $175
Tee Time10 of 16
There's nothing more classic or more versatile than the plain white tee.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy Women's Perfect Tee, $9
Vision Quest11 of 16
Simple black spectacles always look smart and sleek.
SHOP NOW: Pieces Hannah Clear Glasses, $26
Short Stuff12 of 16
A one-piece romper with simple lines is an easy outfit for any warm-weather getaway.
SHOP NOW: 3.1 Philip Lim Pleat Front Romper, $625
Sweater Statement13 of 16
Pack a cozy knit for those cool evenings.
SHOP NOW: Rag & Bone Oakley Crew Sweater, $220
Shoe In14 of 16
Pair solid-hued ballet flats with shorts or a dress for a sweet, understated look.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch Eddie Flats, $178
Orange Crush15 of 16
A classic shape makes it easy to pull off a bold, bright hue.
SHOP NOW: Vince Shift Dress, $395
A Cut Above16 of 16
Pair this effortless dress with accessories that are inspired by natural elements.
SHOP NOW: Willow Asymmetric Silk Dress, $595