More Is More
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous Next2 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next3 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next4 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next5 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next6 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next7 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next8 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next9 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next10 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next11 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next12 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next13 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next14 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next15 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next16 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next17 of 17StyleSight
- More Is MoreCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
STYLE_Intro_Layering_v011 of 17
Great Lengths2 of 17
By Lilah Nicolaidis
That fall staple, the trench coat, looks right when paired with a just-below-the-knee-length skirt, as seen here at Dries Van Noten.
That’s a Match3 of 17
Take it from us (and Anna Sui): A scarf-and-hat combo is a cute way to accessorize in cold weather.
Knot Interested4 of 17
Try a shirt with a bow or knotted collar under a blazer, as seen at Balmain, for a great and stylish office ensemble.
Solid Style5 of 17
BCBG showed its fall collection with opaque white tights -- a modern way to brighten your daytime look.
The Golden Fleece6 of 17
Invest in a serious shearling jacket, like this style from Burberry, and you’ll win style points and be cozy all season long.
Neutral Zone7 of 17
Try a head-to-toe neutral look, like this Michael Kors ensemble, for an instantly sophisticated outfit. …
Color Theory8 of 17
… or add a burst of color to an otherwise monochromatic look to brighten your day, like at Paul Smith.
Sock It to Me9 of 17
Brian Reyes’s fall collection included many knee socks, and we actually think this is a rather adorable way to stay warm.
Fantasy Isle10 of 17
Although we do love the fur mittens, it’s Max Mara’s oversize sweater, with its modern fair-isle print, that really caught our eye.
Sheer Genius11 of 17
Try a sheer layer in a similar color under a blazer for a subtly sexy look, per Calvin Klein.
Jean Queen12 of 17
A denim jacket is a must this season, even if you pair yours with khakis and not sparkly glitter pants à la Isabel Marant.
Knit Wit13 of 17
Celine’s collection shows us that statement knits are in and easy to layer over a simple tee and trousers.
Mix It Up14 of 17
Don’t stash your summer dresses away just yet. Try them with tights, boots and a sweater for a bohemian-chic look, as seen at Ralph Lauren.
Tie One On15 of 17
Menswear is in for fall, and although this Hermès look is a bit over-the-top, we do love a tie on a woman every once in a while.
It’s in the Details16 of 17
Carolina Herrera’s uber-luxe collection had a definite late-’70s vibe, but a pair of suede gloves and a fedora with an exaggerated brim would lend a sophisticated feel to any look.
A Vested Interest17 of 17
Although Fendi’s furs are real, we suggest you try one of the season’s many faux alternatives, especially in a vest, as a chic fall layer.