Most Memorable Golden Globes Gowns Ever
- Next1 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 31Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 31Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 31George Pimentel/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 31Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 31Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 31Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 31Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 31Carlo Allegri/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 31Carlo Allegri/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 31J. Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 31Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 31Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 31Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 31Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage
- Previous Next17 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 31Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 31Tom Wargacki/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 31Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage
- Previous Next22 of 31Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage
- Previous Next23 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next24 of 31Kevin Winter/DMI/Time Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next25 of 31Michael Montfort/Getty Image
- Previous Next26 of 31Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage
- Previous Next27 of 31Barry King/WireImage
- Previous Next28 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next29 of 31Max B. Miller/Fotos International/Getty Images
- Previous Next30 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next31 of 31Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
- Most Memorable Golden Globes Gowns Ever10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Dressed to Impress1 of 31
By Natasha Burton
Over the years, the Golden Globes have earned a reputation as Hollywood's more raucous awards show. This notoriety is reflected in what the stars wear to the event, with celebrities taking fashion risks they likely wouldn't dare at the Oscars. In anticipation of the 2014 show (when does it air?), see if you can guess who wore these incredible—and sometimes shocking—outfits on the red carpet at Golden Globes past.
Red Hot2 of 31
This beloved '90s actress has made a striking comeback on a hit drama, for which she won a Globe in 2013. The exquisite Versace gown in which she accepted the award was a win as well.
Heavy Metal3 of 31
A skintight Marchesa creation was a surprising choice for this wholesome actress in 2012.
Sky High4 of 31
In 2012, this actress commanded attention in a periwinkle Haider Ackermann suit—and accompanying bouffant.
Green Dream5 of 31
A glistening Versace creation perfectly suited this actress in 2011, adding another on-point gown to her red carpet reputation.
Search: See her with her large family
Golden Girl6 of 31
While her 2009 Globes gown didn't get as much attention as another skimpy number that this singer-actress wore years earlier to another awards show, her backless Marchesa dress certainly suited the evening.
Search: See her other jaw-dropping dress
Canary Story7 of 31
Search: Her latest run-in with the law
Scarlet Fever8 of 31
Proving that a classic red dress never gets old, this actress turned heads in 2006.
Search: Whom is she engaged to?
Gold Standard9 of 31
Bronze Beauty10 of 31
This actress won a Best Actress statue at the 2005 awards amid much acclaim for her sleek Calvin Klein dress.
Basic Black11 of 31
A low-cut Valentino dress helped this actress convince fashion critics in 2004 that black need not be boring.
Search: Whom is she engaged to?
Mellow Yellow12 of 31
This actress's feminine butter-colored Christian Dior gown got mixed reviews in 2004, but her incredible performance in a disturbing movie was a winner—she took home the award for Best Actress that night.
What a Bombshell13 of 31
This stunning actress flaunted her curves in a crimson Narciso Rodriguez dress in 2003.
Search: She's married to a billionaire
Not on Pointe14 of 31
Fashion critics were a bit confused over this actress's ballet-inspired getup in 2003.
Big Reveal15 of 31
This actress managed to look sexy and comfortable in Versace at the 2002 awards.
Search: See her with her kids
Find: Whom is she engaged to?
All That Shimmers16 of 31
In 2000, this actress did her TV character proud by wearing a magnificent Richard Tyler gown and winning the Globe for Best Actress.
Bead It17 of 31
Search: See her with her Hollywood hubby
Under the Sea18 of 31
In a mermaid-style Givenchy gown, this actress seemingly floated onto the red carpet in 1998.
Search: See her with her son, Henry
Strike a Pose19 of 31
In a dress supposedly commissioned by her then bad-boy boyfriend, this model certainly looked chic in 1995.
Search: Whom is she married to now?
Honor Roll20 of 31
In 1990, this iconic actress wore white to accept the Cecil B. DeMille Award, which honors its recipient's "outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment."
Suit Yourself21 of 31
In 1990, this actress chose oversize menswear over the archetypal red-carpet gown, but this didn't stop her from taking home a Best Actress trophy.
Find: See her with her family
Lady in Red22 of 31
Not only did this actress accept two awards in 1989, one for Best Supporting Actress and the other for Best Actress, she also won praise for her standout dress.
Search: See more of her red-carpet style
Out to Win23 of 31
Wearing a gold getup in 1989 was a fitting choice for this actress—she's gone on to become the most nominated actress in Golden Globes history with 27 noms under her belt.
National Velvet24 of 31
This actress won a trophy in 1986 while wearing a bedazzled, navy, off-shoulder gown.
Search: What's her latest TV gig?
Putting on the Glitz25 of 31
In 1985, this beloved actress and AIDS activist was honored with a Cecil B. DeMille Award and wore a sparkling gown that perfectly suited her.
Ethereal Beauty26 of 31
Looking angelic in 1984, this actress shined in a floaty white dress.
Little Princess27 of 31
Just 7 years old, this actress was hands down the most adorably dressed at the 1983 Globes.
Bing: Who is this young diva?
Search: See her with her daughter
Leg Up28 of 31
In a gown that was a bit tropical, a bit flamenco, this actress dazzled on the 1979 red carpet.
Search: Who is her famous ex-husband?
Dare to Bare29 of 31
Known for her risqué fashion sense, this singer-actress displayed her toned tummy in 1973.
A Bit Ruffled30 of 31
In 1970, this actress's feather-festooned gown was downright fabulous.
Blond Ambition31 of 31
A glimmering black gown was the ideal choice for this cherished actress when she accepted her award in 1962.
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession