Most Memorable Grammy Get-Ups
- Next1 of 31Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 31Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 31Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 31C Flanigan/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 31Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 31Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 31SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 31SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 31Kevin Mazur Archive 1/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 31Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 31Vinnie Zuffante/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 31Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 31Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 31Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 31Tammie Arroyo/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 31Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next23 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next24 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next25 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next26 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next27 of 31Barry King/WireImage
- Previous Next28 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next29 of 31Chris Walter/WireImage
- Previous Next30 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next31 of 31Ron Galella/WireImage
- Most Memorable Grammy Get-Ups10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Musical Styling1 of 31
By Natasha Burton
At the Grammys, anything goes as far as fashion is concerned. So, in honor of this year's upcoming awards (when do they air?), we've put together some of the most stylish, exciting, and, in some cases, newsworthy looks of all time. See if you can guess which artists wore these incredible outfits.
Green Machine2 of 31
In 2013, this songstress shined in a studded emerald gown created by Givenchy.
Search: Watch her perform
Earn Your Stripes3 of 31
That same year, this model arrived in a puzzling pirate-inspired dress.
Search: Watch her in action
Big Reveal4 of 31
Wearing Gucci, this singer ditched her typically over-the-top style for a more grown-up (but still sexy) sea foam sheath.
Take It Back5 of 31
The sparkly and chic Gomez-Gracia gown worn by this country singer was a favorite among fashion critics.
Search: Listen to her music
Go for the Gold6 of 31
In 2012, this young star looked poised and polished in this stunning Dolce & Gabbana creation.
Search: Watch her popular music videos
Cloud Nine7 of 31
Hear Me Roar8 of 31
In 2011, this rapper looked fierce in head-to-toe leopard.
Search: Listen to her catchy music
By the Stars9 of 31
Wearing a slight departure from her usually outrageous outfits, this sartorially creative singer stunned in this celestial lilac dress in 2010.
Baby on Board10 of 31
Few women would dare to wear this look but, in 2009, this singer turned heads by walking the red carpet—and later performing—in a minidress while pregnant.
Bing: Who is this gutsy diva?
Search: Her flub at 2012's Super Bowl
Find: Listen to her music
Fan Favorite11 of 31
Ever inventive when it comes to her outfits, this singer attended the 2007 Grammys in a gown designed by one of her MySpace fans.
Bow Down12 of 31
The glitzy blue gown worn by this crooner in 2005 was unintentionally reminiscent of Cinderella's fairy godmother.
Dressed in Leather13 of 31
In 2002, this rapper attended the awards wearing a violet leather suit and left the show with the award for Best Female Rap Solo Performance.
Sexy Surprise14 of 31
Justifying her choice to don a barely-there white dress to the 2001 Grammys, this singer said, "I decided that before I got married and had babies, I’d wear this."
Dread Head15 of 31
In her attempt to break free of her bubblegum pop image, this singer sported a new hairdo and what appeared to be a crocheted ensemble in 2001, which unfortunately landed her on a number of worst-dressed lists.
Find: See pics of her son Max
Emerald City16 of 31
This trio walked the red carpet wearing their signature coordinating—but not matching—outfits in 2001.
Search: Watch their popular music videos
Show Stopper17 of 31
Perhaps the most famous outfit ever worn at an awards show, the Versace gown donned by this singer earned its place in fashion history in 2000.
Search: More of her famous looks
Fur Real18 of 31
This pop singer's white-on-white ensemble made her appear more sophisticated than her years when she attended the 2000 awards, at which she was nominated for Best New Artist.
Pajama Jammin'19 of 31
Only this musical icon could pull off wearing what looked liked bedazzled pajama bottoms when she attended the awards in 1999.
Three of a Kind20 of 31
In 1996, this mega-popular girl group looked chic—and comfortable—in their sporty, all-white outfits.
Search: Listen to their hit songs
Minnie Moment21 of 31
Channeling the famous Disney mouse, this singer arrived at the 1995 awards in an outfit similar to the one she wore in one of her music videos.
Sheer Madness22 of 31
In 1993, this power-ballad-crooning French-Canadian singer wore a revealing dress that showed off her thong underwear.
Search: See more of her red carpet style
Mermaid Moment23 of 31
In an over-the-top frock, this pop singer fit right in at the 1989 awards. Just two years later, she took home a Grammy for Best Music Video.
Search: Watch her popular music videos
Fringe Fab24 of 31
Rocking full-on country fringe, this singer won the award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance in 1987.
Off the Shoulder25 of 31
This singer—known for her incredible voice and catchy pop singles—stole the show in 1986 with a live performance of the hit song for which she took home an award.
Snake Around26 of 31
In 1985, this icon flaunted her award for her song "I Feel for You" while wearing a cozy animal-print tunic.
Sparkle and Shine27 of 31
This diva's sequined dress from 1985 was certainly a showstopper, but her three Grammys may have outshined it.
Tutti Fruity28 of 31
One wonders if this singer was taking fashion cues from Carmen Miranda for the 1984 awards.
Rad Robe29 of 31
Search: See more of her unusual fashions
Think Pink30 of 31
Cotton-candy pink spandex isn't for everyone, but this country singer sported it like none other in 1977.
Search: Who is her famous goddaughter?
Find: Watch her music videos
Pure Flow31 of 31
Looking positively ethereal in 1975, this music legend's wife captured the free-flowing, peace-loving vibe of the times.
Search: See her with her late husband
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession