Mother Knows Best?
- Next1 of 9Glo
- Previous Next2 of 9Balmain runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 9Ralph Lauren runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 9Lanvin runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 9Hermès runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 9Diane von Furstenberg runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 9Givenchy runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 9Donna Karan runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next9 of 9Alberta Ferretti runway image: Imaxtree.com
- Mother Knows Best?Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
mom_and_men_v021 of 9
Utilitarian Chic2 of 9
By Nicole Mann Novick
Mom: Love it, but she looks like she has a side job opening doors!
NMN: It's a bit Napoleon-meets-Def Leppard, but I like it. Remove the epaulettes and you remove the coat’s soul! I'd pair this with a major necklace and heels.
Jean Queen3 of 9
Mom: I've always worn tailored blazers, so thumbs up from me! And torn jeans are nothing new; I sport my favorites until they naturally wear thin. Mine don't sparkle, though.
NMN: At least we agree that the masculine blazer balances all that bling.
High Style4 of 9
Mom: This is not something I would wear unless it's a cold night and I cuddle up with it as a blanket.
NMN: Mom, to equate Lanvin to a glorified Snuggie breaks my heart. This dress has exquisite fabric and tailoring written all over it. Not blanket.
Sporty Star5 of 9
Mom: Great outfit and it's perfect for tennis, though it's a bit difficult to wear sandals on the court, no?
NMN: Not if the sandals are Hermès. OK, maybe these pieces are too much together, but the skirt would be perfect with a simple tee.
Prints, Please6 of 9
Mom: This is just too wild for me. What is that blue thing? Is it a pocket that's highlighted to help her find it in all that print?
NMN: This is something I would pack for a beach vacation. Gold sandals and a tan would do wonders for this dress.
Great Graphics7 of 9
Mom: This is too bold for me. The jacket has stripes in two directions; plus, there's that tremendous diamond-cut top (Hi, Jane Jetson!)
NMN: That jacket is sleek and chic. I'd wear it with wide-legged pants and platforms for day or night.
Bright Beauty8 of 9
Mom: The dress is beautiful, but the color is too loud for me. I don’t wear red. It's too much of an attention-getter.
NMN: You would deserve attention in this! The shape is so elegant and feminine, and a monochrome dress is a breeze to accessorize.
Sheer Genius9 of 9
Mom: I love this outfit, but where can I wear it? It’s not exactly for running errands at the supermarket.
NMN: The checkout guy would be in for a treat! But really, this dress is great for a summer wedding — just wear a full-length slip.