Anything but Basic
Fashion Tips from Ms. Brown
Up the elegance in wide-leg trousers.
Worn with heels and a more fitted top, a pair of palazzo pants is a refreshing alternative to your typical dress. "The more swing they have in them, the better," says Ms. Brown of the style that Hollywood's leading ladies made popular in the late '30s and '40s. Look for a pair that's tailored, but still lightweight enough to have movement.
Get a new attitude with a moto jacket. (Vroom, vroom.)
While a head-to-toe biker look is a bit too costume-y, a fitted motorcycle jacket in lightweight leather is the perfect way to add a little edge to otherwise feminine pieces, Ms. Brown tells us. She suggests looking for a cropped version with minimal detailing, which will make it easier to dress up or dress down. You'll be a rebel—with a cause.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession