- Next1 of 16Glo
- Previous Next2 of 16Photographed by Carter Smith
- Previous Next3 of 16Photographed by Carter Smith
- Previous Next4 of 16Photographed by Carter Smith
- Previous Next5 of 16Photo by Carter Smith
- Previous Next6 of 16Photographed by Carter Smith
- Previous Next7 of 16Photographed by Alexei Hay
- Previous Next8 of 16Photographed by Alexei Hay
- Previous Next9 of 16Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 16Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 16Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 16Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 16Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 16Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 16Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 16Mike Marsland/WireImage
- National TreasuresCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
STYLE_INTRO_FINAL_Elle_v01a1 of 16
Gwenyth Paltrow2 of 16
Gwenyth Paltrow arrived for her shoot fresh from a summer in Amagansett, New York, every inch the fashion muse in a Balenciaga dress and blazer with Givenchy snakeskin sandals.
Gwenyth Paltrow3 of 16
The actress chatted about her imminent return to England (where she and her husband Chris Martin live part-time) and her now-famous workouts with trainer Tracy Anderson. When she wrapped up in little more than a Prada cardigan to shoot her portrait, it was clear those killer sessions are still paying off.
Sofia Coppola4 of 16
Sofia Coppola wears a cotton shirt from Celine. To get her makeup look, try HIP Studio Secrets Professional Crystal Shadow in Precious, Double Extend Mascara in Black, True Match Naturale Blush in Soft Rose, and Colour Riche Lipcolour in Pink Lady, all by L’Oreal Paris.
Kate Hudson5 of 16
Kate Hudson slipped into the studio in her trademark gear: a flowy dress, Dolce & Gabanna snakeskin wedges, and a gold necklace that spelled out RYDER, after her six-year-old son.
Kate Hudson6 of 16
With ‘80s music blaring, Hudson zipped in and out of Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta confections, snacked on a Caesar salad and chamomile tea, and happily hung with her new beau, rocker Matthew Bellamy – on hand to watch his squeeze work her magic.
Hilary Swank7 of 16
Two days before her thirty-sixth birthday, the ever-humble, two-time Academy Award winner Hilary Swank arrived on set in L.A. wearing a tank top, jeans, and heels, carrying leftovers from lunch.
Hilary Swank8 of 16
In the blink of an eye, she shimmied into a body-con Calvin Klein dress, with flashy gold nail foils (her request) that she wore out that night for an early birthday celebration.
Hilary Swank9 of 16
Here, some of ELLE's favorite red-carpet moments from these leading ladies.
What: 80th Annual Academy Awards
Wear: Versace gown
Why We Love It: The actress stunned in a one-shouldered black chiffon Versace gown.
Hilary Swank10 of 16
What: 77th Annual Academy Awards
Wear: Guy Laroche gown
Why We Love It: Usually spotted in black, Swank opted for a long-sleeved midnight blue gown the night she won Best Actress for her role in Million Dollar Baby.
Sofia Coppola11 of 16
What: Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 5, 2008
Wear: Marc Jacobs dress
Why We Love It: The director was simple-yet-sophisticated in a luxe ivory satin dress by Marc Jacobs, her date for the evening.
Sofia Coppola12 of 16
What: 76th Annual Academy Awards
Wear: Marc Jacobs gown
Why We Love It: Coppola looked royally elegant in a floor-sweeping gown with flutter sleeves the night she won Best Director.
Kate Hudson13 of 16
What: World Premiere of Nine in London on December 3, 2009
Wear: Couture Atelier Versace ball gown, satin platform pumps
Why We Love It: Promoting her film, Hudson wore a statement gown with a silver chain-and-stud embroidered bustier and a tiered asymmetric skirt.
Kate Hudson14 of 16
What: Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium on January 23, 2010
Wear: Pucci dress, Cartier jewels
Why We Love It: Hudson was white-hot in a backless, floor-trailing Pucci dress, which she accented with a gold and diamond necklace down the back.
Gwyneth Paltrow15 of 16
What: Laureus World Sports Awards in Abu Dhabi on March 10, 2010
Wear: Elie Saab dress
Why We Love It: Paltrow shined as an award presenter in an elegant one-shouldered hand-embroidered gown.
Gwyneth Paltrow16 of 16
What: National Movie Awards in London on May 26, 2010
Wear: Prada cocktail dress, Christian Louboutin peep-toe pumps
Why We Love It: A playful Paltrow became instant red-carpet eye candy in her '60s-style Prada dress with Louboutins to match.