Oprah's Best Style Moments Through The Years
- Next1 of 21Glo
- Previous Next2 of 21Chicago Tribune/MCT via Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 21Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 21Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 21Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 21Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 21Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 21Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 21Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next10 of 21Tony Barson/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 21Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 21SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 21Avik Gilboa/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 21Jemal Countess/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 21Richard Corkery/NY Daily News Archive via Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 21Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage
- Previous Next17 of 21Mark Mainz/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 21Jason Merritt/FilmMagic
- Previous Next19 of 21George Pimentel/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 21Craig Greenhill/Newspix/Getty Images
- Previous Next21 of 21James Devaney/WireImage
OprahStyle_v01a1 of 21
Dressed For Success2 of 21
Starting out as the host of AM Chicago, pictured here in 1984—just two years before she'd get her own show—she's already showing signs of her unique style.
Foxy Lady3 of 21
This fur coat may be overwhelming her, but full disclosure: This was the '80s!
Taking The Stage4 of 21
For the 1986 Golden Globes dress rehearsal, she looks pulled together in a suede shirtdress cinched at the waist.
Show Stopper5 of 21
Later at the actual Golden Globes Awards in 1986, her '20s-meets-'80s number is definitely a standout.
Think Pink6 of 21
Big hair, big shoulder pads, and makeup that matches the outfit. Blame it on the 80s.
New Heights7 of 21
As the "Me" decade comes to a close, Oprah's style starts to become a bit more subdued but still makes a big statement, as does her gravity-defying hair.
Va-va-va-voom!8 of 21
Her net worth is soaring in the 90s.
Biker Chic9 of 21
Here she is, rocking it in a body-con black leather jacket at the 2004 People's Choice Awards.
Runway Ready10 of 21
During Paris Fashion Week, Oprah manages to look relaxed and effortless in Christian Dior Haute Couture.
Lady In Red11 of 21
At the 2005 Legends Ball, a stunning ruby-red gown with her now-signature deep-v neck, off-the-shoulder silhouette.
Solid Gold12 of 21
At the 2005 Academy Awards: This gorgeous golden, bead-embellished gown shows how she always embraces her curves.
Shine On13 of 21
Not one to shy away from bright colors or wild prints, she mixes both here in a rare quiet moment in 2005.
Purple Reign14 of 21
Oprah shows some shoulder at the Broadway opening of The Color Purple.
Class Act15 of 21
Fitted shirt plus full high-waisted skirt equals classic Oprah silhouette, which she always pulls off perfectly.
Petal Power16 of 21
At the 2007 CFDA awards, Oprah looks soft and feminine in a petal pink Ralph Lauren gown.
Going With The Flow17 of 21
Oprah goes boho-glam in Gucci at the 2007 Vanity Fair Oscar party.
ON POWERWALL: The Obamas and Oprah: A Love Affair
Mix & Match18 of 21
At a December 2007 movie premiere, she mixes an earthy leather skirt with luxe statement jewelry.
Pretty Pony19 of 21
A high ponytail on O, pictured here in 2009, is fun and youthful, but still sophisticated.
Aussie O20 of 21
Casual khakis, metallic flip-flops and a colorful zebra-print cover-up while touring Uluru, Australia, in 2010.
Go Navy21 of 21
This custom silk gown by Oscar de la Renta was a perfect fit for her role as co-chair of the Met Ball.
NEXT GALLERY: Oprah's Favorite Things
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession