Jaw-Dropping Oscar Jewels
- Next1 of 9Milla Jovovich: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9Penelope Cruz: Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 9Berenice Bejo: Michael Buckner/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 9Gwyneth Paltrow: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 9Michelle Williams: Michael Buckner/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 9Viola Davis: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 9Milla Jovovich: Ethan Miller/Getty Images, Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 9Natalie Portman: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 9Angelina Jolie: Kevin Mazur/WireImage, David McNew/Getty Images
Diamond Heist1 of 9
By Alexis Jonnson
There’s a reason the stars shine so bright at the Oscars—they get a little help from mega-watt jewels. While we're swooning over these breathtaking baubles (which celebs often borrow for the night), the sticker prices have us gasping. Here are 8 opulent finds, along with some wallet-friendly alternatives so you can steal the look for under $100.
Perfect Pear2 of 9
Wearing a total of 114 carats, Penelope Cruz channeled her inner Sophia Loren with vintage-inspired diamond cluster earrings and a pear-shaped diamond and platinum necklace by Chopard that complemented her custom periwinkle Georgio Armani gown.
Jewel Thief Find: Carolee Crystal Cluster Earrings, $38
Minty Fresh3 of 9
The Artist's Berenice Bejo turned heads in a pale green beaded dress by her favorite designer, Elie Saab (and held a matching Swarvoski clutch), but it was her tiered Chopard emerald and diamond danglers that caught our eye.
Jewel Thief Find: Crislu Emerald Drop Earrings, $98
Garden Variety4 of 9
Gwyneth Paltrow‘s sleek Tom Ford column dress and cape weren’t the only attention-getters on the star. Her Anna Hu Haute Joaillerie included a 163 carat, 2,368 rose-cut, round brilliant diamond cuff worth $1,000,000 and a double-hoop ring made of 18-karat white gold, rose and round cut diamonds with purple sapphires, priced at a respectable $160,000.
Jewel Thief Find: Guess Crystal Flower Ring, $28
Tie One On5 of 9
The My Week With Marilyn star accessorized her Louis Vuitton peplum gown (which took 300 hours to make!) with a 30 carat, brilliant-cut single-strand diamond necklace by Fred Leighton for Forevermark and a pretty little 19th Century diamond-encrusted bow brooch by Fred Leighton.
Jewel Thief Find: Swarvoski Crystal Bow Brooch, $32
Emerald City6 of 9
Viola Davis dazzled an emerald-colored Vera Wang strapless dress. The Help star topped off her look with Lorraine Schwartz green sapphire drops that were delicately caged in by diamonds.
Jewel Thief Find: ABS by Allen Schwartz Earrings, $30
Rock Steady7 of 9
Milla Jovovich's wrist was dusted in delicate diamonds, which only served as a precursor to the gargantuan diamond on her ring finger. The Jacob & Co. sparklers looked radiant against her silver-screen worthy Elie Saab gown and Edie Parker box clutch.
Jewel Thief Find: Liz Palacios Swarvoski Crystal Ring, $82
Hailing Harry8 of 9
Natalie Portman offset her sweet polka-dotted strapless vintage Dior gown with a Harry Winston v-shaped diamond collar necklace and dual-drop oval diamond and platinum earrings, each at 5.76 carats.
Jewel Thief Find: Apt. 9 Crystal Necklace, $23
Ice, Ice Baby9 of 9
Draped in a custom Atelier Versace velvet gown with show-stopping, thigh-high slit, Angelina Jolie accessorized with $2.5 million worth of diamonds, for a total of 60 carats. Not only did the screen siren dangle cushion-cut diamond drops from her lobes, two 25-carat diamond brooches were pinned at the back of her waist.
Jewel Thief Find: Crystal and Silver Feather Pin, $10
NEXT GALLERY: Dream-Worthy Baubles
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession