15 Over-The-Top Looks From Paris Couture Week
- Next1 of 16Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 16Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 16Antonio de Moraes Barros Filho/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 16Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 16Richard Bord/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 16Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 16Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 16Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 16Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 16Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 16Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 16Kristy Sparow/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 16Catwalking/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 16Antonio de Moraes Barros Filho/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 16Kristy Sparow/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 16Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- 15 Over-The-Top Looks From Paris Couture WeekCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Wild Things1 of 16
By Tiffany Tse
Haute couture always reminds us that fashion really is art. After all, it takes serious creativity and talent to construct a dramatic butterfly-like organza gown or an intricate feathered corset. Behold, the 15 most over-the-top and inspiring creations from Paris Haute Couture Week.
Behind the Mask2 of 16
A surgical mask gone couture? At On Aura Tout Vu's show, this model wore an embellished mask that made us think of a stylish 21st-century germophobe.
In Flight3 of 16
Long, wispy feathers adorned this model's corset at Serkan Cura, giving her the appearance of an exotic bird.
Go Short4 of 16
Layers of chartreuse-colored tulle were arranged to form a thigh-skimming sculptural mini at Alexandre Vauthier.
Final Frontier5 of 16
Models at the Defined Moment presentation wore theatrical Space Age outfits, like this two-piece with orchid-like attachments.
Head Case6 of 16
With a beaded Egyptian-style headdress and brightly printed skirt, this outfit at Maison Martin Margiela was a mix of tribal and futuristic.
Fur Real7 of 16
Inspired by moths, designer Yiqing Yin sent models down the runway in cocoon-like outfits, like this dress decorated with tufts of fur.
Net Worth8 of 16
Another daring look at Yiqing Yin? This model's artfully draped netting.
Sheer Genius9 of 16
Embellishments resembling paper cranes were strategically placed on a see-through dress at Stephane Rolland.
Black Out10 of 16
Rolland's little black dress was anything but basic, thanks to the addition of a deconstructed train on a slim silhouette.
Wing It11 of 16
The show-stopper at Stephane Rolland was this orange dress with sculptural organza wings.
Minty Fresh12 of 16
Tony Yaacoub's collection of mint green dresses included this extravagant tulle creation fit for a couture princess.
The Butterfly Effect13 of 16
At Jean Paul Gaultier, models wore butterfly headpieces attached to their hair for an ethereal look.
Sin City14 of 16
Gaultier's elaborate take on a Vegas showgirl's costume included fishnet stockings and a dramatic tulle-and-feather headpiece.
Glow On15 of 16
At Charlie Le Mindu's show, models glowed under UV lights, creating an Avatar-like atmosphere.
Big Red16 of 16
The combination of voluminous, untamed red hair and sequined striped caftan created a sophisticated Bohemian look at Schiaparelli.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession