9 essential preppy finds for fall
- Next1 of 10J.Crew FW12: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of NET-A-PORTER.COM
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of NET-A-PORTER.COM
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Gap
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Malene Birger
- 9 essential preppy finds for fallCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Get Smart1 of 10
By Alexis Jonnson
With classic tweeds, bold tartans, and velvet blazers, this fall is a study in preppy chic. Get the look of the Ivy League set with these nine essential finds.
Great Scots2 of 10
A straight-leg cut and cropped fit ensure these tartan-print pants will flatter most figures.
SHOP NOW: Theory pants, $295
Soft Sell3 of 10
Plush velvet and a shrunken fit give the schoolboy blazer a feminine feel.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew blazer, $178
Knit Wit4 of 10
A classic cardigan is a must for mastering fall's layered look.
SHOP NOW: Steven Alan cardigan, $248
Mad for Plaid5 of 10
For an updated take on basic plaid, try an oversize pattern in vibrant colors.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew skirt, $250
Carry On6 of 10
Spruce up your look—and add a pop of fall's hottest hue—with a trim, lady-like shoulder bag.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew purse, $238
Foxy Lady7 of 10
Velvet loafers are the season's most coveted shoes. Have a little fun with this playful fox-motif pair.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch loafer, $250
Hop to It8 of 10
Put a little prep in your step with argyle-print socks.
SHOP NOW: Gap socks, $8
Buckle Up9 of 10
Tired of your boring booties? Opt for a two-tone belted pair that will go with everything from boyfriend jeans to flirty fall skirts.
SHOP NOW: Ivanka Trump bootie, $225
Shell Shock10 of 10
Chunky rhinestones add sparkle to this set of timeless tortoiseshell bangles.
SHOP NOW: Malene Birger bangle set, $125
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession