Retro Fashion For Fall
- Next1 of 17Milly, Fall 2011: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next3 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next4 of 17Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next5 of 17Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next6 of 17Courtesy of Max & Chloe
- Previous Next7 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next8 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next9 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next10 of 17Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next11 of 17Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next12 of 17Courtesy of American Eagle Outfitters
- Previous Next13 of 17Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous Next14 of 17Courtesy of The Gap
- Previous Next15 of 17Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next16 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next17 of 17Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Retro Fashion For FallCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Retro-Active1 of 17
By Laurie Trott
Sometimes you've got to embrace the past in order to see the future. This fall, trends run the gamut from curve-contouring '40s frocks to '80s-reminiscent silky and seductive jumpsuits. We've rounded up key pieces to get the looks of decades past in the most modern ways.
Head Set2 of 17
Top off a tailored jacket and trousers with a bright red, structured cloche for a fun, offbeat look.
SHOP NOW: Bacci Cloche, $58
Gem Dandy3 of 17
Jewel-toned and printed fabric pumps have that glam Hollywood feel—but get a modern update when paired with a leather pencil skirt.
SHOP NOW: Rachel Comey Heels, $428
Red Square4 of 17
Pair this draped garnet dress with nude pumps for a sophisticated evening look that channels the fabulous'40s.
SHOP NOW: Diane Von Furstenberg Dress, $385
Buttoned Up5 of 17
Enhance your upper half with a fitted cardigan that's evocative of a sexy pinup girl.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew Cardigan, $168
Round & Round6 of 17
An oversized pearl choker is the perfect accessory to a cashmere sweater set.
SHOP NOW: Carolee Pearl Choker, $50
Off The Grid7 of 17
Get a classic '50s silhouette with a black-and-white geometric print pencil skirt that works with any color.
SHOP NOW: Eva Franco Skirt, $148
Factory Girl8 of 17
A signature of Warhol muse Edie Sedgwick, chandelier earrings look just as in-style now as they did back then.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie Earrings, $38
Send A Cable9 of 17
Make an instant style statement with a primary-colored poncho, a must-have cover-up for fall.
SHOP NOW: Fiets Voor 2 Poncho, $128
Go Bold10 of 17
Wear big floral prints tucked into high-waisted trousers for a new take on a '60s favorite.
SHOP NOW: See By Chloe Blouse, $370
Love Story11 of 17
Freshen up your seasonal stable of jeans with perfectly worn-in, flare-leg cords.
SHOP NOW: J.Brand Corduroy Jeans, $225
Foot Loose12 of 17
Add a touch of hippie chic to your favorite jeans, or dress down a knit dress with versatile low-heeled clogs.
SHOP NOW: AEO Clog, $40
Tie One On13 of 17
Channel Faye Dunaway in ‘70s classic film, "Network" with an of-the-moment silk blouse with tie.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy Top, $27
Structurally Sound14 of 17
A boxy shoulder bag echoes silhouettes of the past, while the reptile print makes it this season's "it" bag.
SHOP NOW: Gap Bag, $70
Shades Of Grey15 of 17
Bring back early disco glam with a dark, neutral-hued jumpsuit.
SHOP NOW: Halston Heritage Jumpsuit, $355
Gold Coast16 of 17
Give a noteworthy nod to oversized gold jewelry of the '80s with this bib necklace.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie Amara Necklace, $168
Tee Up17 of 17
Try on a shoulder-baring top for an always-sexy Flashdance moment.
SHOP NOW: MICHAEL Michael Kors Blouse, $90