Shop Like A Star
- Next1 of 14AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next2 of 14Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 14Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 14Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 14Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 14AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next7 of 14Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 14AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next9 of 14AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next10 of 14AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next11 of 14AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next12 of 14Rick Rowell/ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 14AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next14 of 14A.M.P.A.S./ABC via Getty Images
Natalie Portman1 of 14
And the Award Goes to...This past Sunday, basic black took a backseat to the vibrant hues of ruby, plum and sapphire that ruled the red carpet at the 83rd Academy Awards. Purple reigned supreme this season, and Portman's Rodarte dress was the main focus as the mama-to-be accepted her Best Actress award.
SHOP NOW: Rodarte Dresses
Scarlett Johanssen2 of 14
When wearing a sleeveless, high-neck dress, keep accessories to a minimum.
SHOP NOW: Purple Lace
Mila Kunis3 of 14
Not a trace of That '70s Show to be found. Chantilly lace accents on this lilac gown give all the makings of a modern starlet.
SHOP NOW: Chiffon Dresses
Anne Hathaway4 of 14
Despite multiple wardrobe changes due to her Oscar-hosting duties, Hathaway managed to keep surprising us. She began the evening with an archival gown from Valentino Haute Couture in the designer's signature red and took a moment to pose with its creator, Valentino Garavani.
SHOP NOW: Red Strapless Dresses
Jennifer Hudson5 of 14
Hudson was all about fashion risk-taking. Here she stepped out in a vibrant orange halter dress and piled on the diamonds with chunky bangles and drop earrings.
SHOP NOW: Halter Necklines
Jennifer Lawrence6 of 14
The part that scored Lawrence a Best Actress nomination had her shooting squirrels and taking quite a beating. This ultra-sophisticated spaghetti strap gown by Calvin Klein proves to us that she's taking on a much more glam role in real life these days.
SHOP NOW: Calvin Klein
Marisa Tomei7 of 14
Is it purple? Is it blue? Who cares?! This stunning vintage Charles James gown, with its sweetheart neckline and va-va-voom silhouette, was evocative of old-Hollywood glamour.
SHOP NOW: Mermaid Gowns
Halle Berry8 of 14
We love the way Berry balances the sparkling sequins and tulle of this Marchesa gown by keeping accessories to a minimum with subtle diamond earrings and simple peep toe platforms.
SHOP NOW: Diamond Earrings
Hailee Steinfeld9 of 14
Proving to have real true grit of her own when it comes to stepping out in the spotlight, this newcomer keeps it age-appropriate with a frothy pink Marchesa gown.
SHOP NOW: Tulle Dresses
Gwyneth Paltrow10 of 14
At this point, the awards show veteran is well-seasoned when it comes to dressing for the occasion. Here she keeps it simple by accenting her Calvin Klein column dress with small, colored gems.
SHOP NOW: Gold Sequins
Cate Blanchett11 of 14
Here the intricate beading of this Givenchy Haute Couture is a stand- in for over-the-top jewels.
SHOP NOW: Accordian Pleats
Sunrise Ruffalo12 of 14
Mark Ruffalo's wife really goes for it in this avant-garde, one-sleeve dress.
SHOP NOW: Asymmetrical Dresses
Amy Adams13 of 14
Emerald jewels offset the navy sequins, creating an elegant color combination.
SHOP NOW: Emeralds
Anne Hathaway14 of 14
Here’s a nod to Judy Garland in a menswear-inspired tuxedo look during her mid-show vocal solo.
SHOP NOW: Tuxedo Jackets
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession