Clothes that show off your legs
- Next1 of 12Peter Som S/S12: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Rebecca Taylor
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Clothes that show off your legsCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Show-Offs1 of 12
By Nicole Mann Novick
With this season's penchant for short shorts and thigh-skimming skirts, it's easy to regret missing the gym this past winter. But fear not! From not-to-be-missed scalloped shorts to sky-high platforms that elongate exposed legs, we've found chic and flattering looks you can dare to bare.
Make History2 of 12
A retro romper is a cheeky way to bare some leg. Add platform shoes and cat-eye shades for the perfect finishing touches.
SHOP NOW: Zimmermann romper, $340
Print Shop3 of 12
A wild pattern does wonders for skinny, boy-shaped silhouettes. Pair with a solid tee and strappy flats.
SHOP NOW: Whit short, $225
Foot Fetish4 of 12
Flats can be tricky when showing skin is in season, but this colorblocked pair is worth the effort. We suggest a knee-length short to flaunt these sandals without baring all.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch sandal, $175
Jersey Girl5 of 12
This jersey skirt hits just above the knee, making it appropriate with a blouse for the office or with a skimpy white tank for a sexy nighttime look. The ruched and twisted styling offers a flattering cut for disguising thighs.
SHOP NOW: T by Alexander Wang, $135
Mirror Image6 of 12
Showcase tanned and toned legs in this uber-short, kaftan-style white dress. Scalloped tailoring and mirrored embellishments pack a punch, so keep your accessories simple.
SHOP NOW: Rebecca Taylor dress, $275
Short Sale7 of 12
Scallops add interest to otherwise basic shorts. The pleated tailoring of this pair is feminine and dressy enough for flattering heels.
SHOP NOW: Opening Ceremony shorts, $420
Full Skirt8 of 12
J.Crew is known for flattering swimsuits, and this ruched, one-shoulder beauty is no exception. Add a sarong for extra coverage to complete this jet-setting beach look.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew swimsuit, from $100
Short Stuff9 of 12
Nautical stiped shorts are pure prep. Espadrilles with a slight wedge will give your legs an elongated look without losing the style's country club appeal.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew striped shorts, $65
Bright Spot10 of 12
The dynamic pattern of this flirty and flowy skirt is less intimidating despite a short hemline. Pair it with a blouse and ballet flats for the office or a tank and flat sandals for days off.
SHOP NOW: Carven skirt, $340
Foot Fetish11 of 12
These neutral-toned and versatile platforms are a small price to pay for showing off what will appear to be seriously long legs.
SHOP NOW: Aldo shoe, $120
Hippie Chick12 of 12
If a tight cocktail dress is too aggressive for the minidress look, then pair a boho-chic style with wedges for a more casual approach.
SHOP NOW: Ace & Jig dress, $178