Sneaky styling tricks to hide your trouble spots
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of C.Wonder/ASOS/Joe Fresh
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of C. Wonder
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Ted Baker London
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Zappos
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Mango
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of H&M
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Joe Fresh
- Sneaky styling tricks to hide your trouble spotsCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Slim Pickings1 of 10
By Daisy Lewellyn
Loving spring's new styles, but not sure they'll work for your body type? Here, we show you eight figure-flattering ways to wear the season's trickiest new trends.
Pep It Up2 of 10
Good news: The popular peplum trend is a fashion godsend to anyone with a muffin top. Tapered at the smallest part of your waist, the style makes your middle look little while a subtle flare helps to mask any belly bulge.
SHOP NOW: C. Wonder top, $58
Pretty Woman3 of 10
Romantic, flowy dresses don't have to look muumuu-ish: The A-line shape and center gathering on this flirty dress create a slimming silhouette that artfully hides a bigger bottom.
SHOP NOW: Ted Baker dress, $198
Snake Charmer4 of 10
Don't let cankle concerns scare you away from the gladiator sandal trend. Nude styles with thin straps and heels help elongate your legs, making calves look slender and shapely.
SHOP NOW: Rachel Roy, $275
Cool Collar5 of 10
Avoid statement necklaces that fit like chokers—they'll cut your neck in half. Instead show a little skin, allowing the inner border to kiss the curve of your collarbone, lengthening your neckline.
SHOP NOW: ASOS necklace, $67
Suit Up6 of 10
A printed pantsuit with a structured cut will help you look slim and stylish.
Peekaboo7 of 10
See-through fabric is less than ideal for hiding that ever-dreaded back fat. Luckily, you can disguise your trouble zones with strategic layering. Try a loose-fitting fabric that shows just a little skin, while keeping covered with a cami.
SHOP NOW: Nordstrom sheer blouse, $48
Pretty Pastels8 of 10
When buying sorbet-colored denim, stick to slim tapered legs that are fitted throughout the butt, thigh and ankles. Flattering on both petite and tall body types, the pale shades look fresh when paired with ballet flats and pointy-toe pumps.
SHOP NOW: Mango jeans, $40
Posh Pullover9 of 10
Sport the stylish sweatshirt trend without looking frumpy: This gray pullover has a narrower cut that fits closer to the body to avoid a baggy silhouette.
SHOP NOW: H&M sweatshirt, $30
Twirly Girl10 of 10
The flared fit of a pleated skirt disguises full thighs and creates balance at the largest part of your legs, while the vertical lines will make you look longer and leaner.
SHOP NOW: Joe Fresh skirt, $49