Stay In The Shade
- Next1 of 12Dave & Les Jacobs/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of the Outnet
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Tilly's
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Ralph Lauren
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Madewell
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of L.L. Bean
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of L.L. Bean
Making Headway1 of 12
By Laurie Trott
We've rounded up the best hats for every face shape and budget, guaranteed to cap off your summer and keep you covered into fall. Starting at just $13, these toppers top our list of favorites.
Knit Pick2 of 12
A heart-shaped face can handle a hat with height at the crown. This crocheted version is light enough for summer, and cozy enough to wear into fall.
SHOP NOW: Missoni Crochet Sunhat, $159
Best Western3 of 12
If you've got a square-shaped face, then soften your angles with a brim that turns upward.
Flip Flop4 of 12
A floppy wide-brimmed number can work on any shape. Play with the angle and position to find a look that suits you.
SHOP NOW: Rag & Bone Wide-Brimmed Straw Hat, $175
Step On It5 of 12
Leave bad hair days in the dust with a small, lightweight driving cap.
SHOP NOW: Ralph Lauren Driving Cap, $67
If The Hat Fits6 of 12
A playful silk turban makes a style statement. Find one that fits snugly and pair it with an all-black ensemble for a fashion-forward look.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie Soothsayer Turban, $178
Net Worth7 of 12
Hat enthusiasts can wear this floral and tulle embellished number cocked to one side for a modern, playful twist on the topper.
SHOP NOW: Topshop Squashed Floral Boater, $56
Small Fry8 of 12
A feminine version of the Panama hat, this topper has a short brim that works well on women with narrow faces.
SHOP NOW: Babajaan Jackie Panama Hat, $320
Right Angles9 of 12
If you've got high cheekbones, then a fedora is a great way to accentuate your angles.
SHOP NOW: Anda & Masha Straw Hat, $240
Animal Kingdom10 of 12
Can't wait for fall? Get your leopard on now with this wildly flattering fedora style.
SHOP NOW: Albertus Swanepoel for J. Crew Fedora, $178
Dry Run11 of 12
This sporty waterproof hat comes with strings so you can hang it off the back of your neck once the sun comes out.
SHOP NOW: L.L. Bean Waterproof Trekking Hat, $30
Athletic Support12 of 12
Looking for a quick fix that blocks out the sun while letting you paddle, cycle and jog effortlessly? A sleek cap with a broad brim is your go-to choice.
SHOP NOW: L.L. Bean Paddling Hat, $20
MORE ON GLO: The Best Sunglasses for Every Face
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession