Style Icons Over Forty
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous Next2 of 12Maury Phillips/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 12Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 12Fred Duval/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 12Fotonoticias/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 12James Devaney/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 12Jemal Countess/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 12Steve Granitz/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 12Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 12Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 12Jon Furniss/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 12Christopher Peterson/BuzzFoto/FilmMagic
- Style Icons Over FortyCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
style_NEW_icons over 40_Julianne_v041 of 12style NEW style icons over 40
Salma Hayek2 of 12
By Lilah Nicolaidis
Salma usually shows off her (ahem) cleavage, but here she lets her legs take center stage in this futuristic Alexander McQueen dress. We love the daring print and how she’s balanced it with subtle, neutral accessories.
Sarah Jessica Parker3 of 12
SJP is always up for taking a fashion risk. We applaud her for working three of spring's hottest trends here: bright colors, one-shoulder tops and embellishments. While this limey Lanvin dress may be too wild for most, a vibrant color brightens up any complexion. Or, try a beaded tee or cardigan as a more realistic everyday option.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: See more photos of SJP
Nicole Kidman4 of 12
We just love Nicole’s ladylike jacket-and-skirt combo. The pleats are soft and flirty, while the tailored tuxedo-style jacket refines the outfit.
Jennifer Aniston5 of 12
A poster child for understated cool, Jen vamps it up here in a leather and lace Valentino mini dress. Yes, picture-perfect arms and legs are needed to pull off this look, but anyone can add edge to an outfit with a leather jacket or sheer blouse.
Naomi Watts6 of 12
Naomi looks quite sophisticated in this berry-toned Marchesa sheath. The color is divine on a blonde or brunette. Bonus: a ruffled peplum camouflages the midsection and highlights the waist.
Julianne Moore7 of 12
Always elegant, Julianne makes a stylish choice in this blush pink Calvin Klein shift dress. This forgiving silhouette is perfect for hiding figure flaws (not that she has any).
Sandra Bullock8 of 12
Sandra glows in this golden Vivienne Westwood brocade dress. Her look is a lesson in perfect proportions — a dramatic off-the-shoulder neckline is balanced by a longer hem and simple nude shoe.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: Sandra Bullock's Style Profile
Julia Roberts9 of 12
Julia may not always be known for her fashion choices (vintage Valentino Oscar moment excluded), but she does know that the classics always work. This Yves Saint Laurent wrap dress (also vintage) is a flattering style for any body type.
Halle Berry10 of 12
Halle’s body-conscious Gucci dress is the perfect nude shade for her skin tone. The cut-out design is not for everyone, but we applaud her for pulling off this fashion-forward style. Try a slim-fitting sheath dress for a similarly chic look.
Gwen Stefani11 of 12
Gwen looks sexy and age appropriate in this tunic-and-leggings ensemble. The statement shoes, from her own line L.A.M.B., add just the right amount of flash to this flattering all-black look.
Demi Moore12 of 12
One of the most recognizable sexy ladies over forty, Demi Moore glows in this mosaic-print Oscar de la Renta mini dress. She knows how to work that bright plum color (it pops against her dark hair and tan).