Styling tricks to hide your muffin top
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Target/Wallis
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of The Out Net
- Previous Next3 of 11Target
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Wallis
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Spanx
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of boohoo
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Dorothy Perkins
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of C. Wonder
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Line & Dot
- Styling tricks to hide your muffin topCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Middle Management1 of 11
By Daisy Lewellyn
Oversize and flowy tops aren't the only way to hide a little muffin top. Here are ten waist-whittling style tricks to create a slim, bulge-free shape.
High Class2 of 11
Lack of support in low-rise jeans can make your love handles look bigger than they are. Instead, look for high-waisted jeans that have the structure and stretch to ease on and over any side bulge, creating a smoother shape.
SHOP NOW: James High Class High Rise Bootcut Jeans, $68
Hot Rod3 of 11
The boxy cut and length of this colored leather motorcycle jacket masks the muffin top in a cinch and pairs perfectly with your fave concert tee.
SHOP NOW: Prabal Gurung for Target Leather Jacket, $199
Animal Instinct4 of 11
This chic wrap dress magically gives the illusion of a leaner midsection thanks to its slimming diagonal tiger-print pattern and starburst side knot.
SHOP NOW: Wallis Stone Animal Print Dress, $47
Bathing Beauty5 of 11
Make a splash in this asymmetrical-neckline one-piece. The exposed shoulder balances out the body, while ruching over the belly conceals your trouble spot.
SHOP NOW: Spanx Whittle Waistline Draped One Shoulder One Piece, $188
Twirly Girl6 of 11
This full skirt with a high waistband hugs your curves in all the right places, while front pleating flattens your stomach. Pair it with a tucked-in top and tailored jacket for a figure-flattering finishing touch.
SHOP NOW: boohoo Boutique Dawn Brocade Hem Prom Skirt, $70
Black Magic7 of 11
An LBD with benefits: This all-star fit-and-flare design makes your midsection look so slim and trim that you'll forget that you ever had a body challenge to begin with.
SHOP NOW: Dorothy Perkins Black Lace Panel Dress, $44
Smooth Operator8 of 11
Indulge in a satin top that wears well over fuller waistlines. The fabric happily skims over your body—rather than clinging like other stretchy fabrics—creating a slimming silhouette.
SHOP NOW: Mango Women's Pleated Satin Blouse, $40
Sugar Coat9 of 11
The A-line flare bottom and midwaist seam on this spring coat is the ideal silhouette to keep you looking trendy and trim, even when you're covered up.
SHOP NOW: Ann Taylor Afternoon Topper, $170
All Aboard10 of 11
The tailored stretch of this blazer helps minimize a muffin top, while stripes and gold hardware create an effortless chic. Three ways to wear it? With a loose blouse and jeans, pencil skirts, or Bermuda shorts.
SHOP NOW: C. Wonder Cricket Striped Knit Blazer, $128
Take Shape11 of 11
Trick the eye with a color-blocking panel top that narrows your waistline with a black edge and contrasting white center. Wear it with pencil pants or straight skirt for a posh and polished look.
SHOP NOW: Line & Dot High Low Shell, $110