10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Evans
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Evans; Navabi
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Navabi; Target
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Evans; Navabi
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Evans; Navabi
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Navabi; Karen Kane
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Evans; Lord & Taylor
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Navabi; ASOS
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Target; Lord & Taylor; Navabi
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Evans; Navabi
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Navabi; Carmakoma
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size ClothingCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
A-Plus Style1 of 11
By Zoe Jones
Some trends, like midi skirts and all-over floral, that look great on the runway can be tricky to pull off in the real world. To help you show off your curves while still looking on-trend, here are ten flattering and fashionable plus-size options to shop now.
Smarty Pants2 of 11
Give your skinny and straight-leg pants a break in favor of the season's popular wide-leg silhouette. Pair these Evans palazzo pants with a tighter top for an ultra-slimming look, or opt for Aprico's printed trousers teamed with a wedge heel to create the illusion of mile-long legs.
Flower Power3 of 11
To make all-over floral work for you, look for details that will complement your shape, like this empire-waist dress by Stylicious and Target's ruched swimsuit, designed to make any stomach appear flatter. Another tip? Bigger, more abstract prints are always easier to pull off.
Caught in the Middle4 of 11
This summer's popular skirt length—the midi—can be tricky to wear, since the hem ends mid-calf and cuts off your legs. Two ways to make the style flattering for your figure? Try this Manon Baptise skirt, which features a fluted hem to balance out your top half, and a pencil skirt with three slimming vertical panels to complement a pear-shaped figure.
Hidden Gem5 of 11
Busy embellishments may not seem flattering, but we found two slimming options. This sophisticated Evans top has front pleating to highlight your curves up top and a longer length to hide wider hips, while the clever cut of this sequined Zay dress easily conceals stomachs, buttocks and hips.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Say it Loud6 of 11
Loud geometric prints were all over the runway this season and, if worn correctly, they're a fun way to punch up your outfit and trim down your figure. Our favorite picks? This Idea Piu wrap dress cinches to emphasize your waistline, while Karen Kane's simple A-line tank top skims over your waist and hips.
Crop It7 of 11
Crop tops are still hot—and still a little scary to wear. Tap into the trend—without feeling too exposed—in a cropped jacket paired with high-waisted pants or a skirt. We suggest this polished version by Evans, which comes with flattering draping, or Nipon Boutique's more structured option, perfect layered over a sheath dress.
Good Sport8 of 11
Athletic-inspired clothes—mesh details, cool sneakers, varsity jackets—are still gaining traction this summer. Wear Zizzi's textured bomber with your favorite jeans for cool weekend style, or step into ASOS's pretty skater dress, which has flattering contrast side panels, for date night.
Neutral Ground9 of 11
White usually isn't that forgiving, but when you choose the right combination of pieces, even head-to-toe white can work. Pair a figure-hugging pencil skirt with a racer-front top to show off your arms, or a boxy blouse over tapered pants to hide any lumps and bumps.
SHOP NOW: Merona eyelet blouse, $25, target.com; Tahari Arthur S. Levine pencil skirt, $59, lordandtaylor.com; Head Over Heels cotton blouse, $126, navabi.us; Vince Camuto pants, $89, lordandtaylor.com
Lace Case10 of 11
Incorporate pretty lace tops into your look this season—just keep the look more feminine and less frou-frou by pairing a lacy top with streamlined pants or a skirt. This Evans blouse, complete with a detachable neck trim, can take you from day to night. Or for something more romantic, wear Zizzi's elegant lace-and-chiffon blouse with flattering long sleeves.
Match Point11 of 11
Matchy-matchy sets are big for summer—and they make dressing up in the morning a lot easier. Try the trend with Jean Marc Philippe's clever two-in-one dress that comes with a detachable short jacket, or make a statement in a floral suit (the relaxed pants come with side panels to flatter your legs even more).
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook