The best sunglasses for every face
- Next1 of 8Rebecca Taylor Spring 2013/Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of OpticsFast
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous Next7 of 8Courtesy of Piperlime
- Previous Next8 of 8Courtesy of Piperlime
Eye Candy1 of 8
By Nicole Mann Novick
With so many great sunglasses out there, trying to find the pair that fits you best can often leave you feeling cross-eyed. Lucky for you, we've taken the guesswork out of shade shopping. From contemporary cat eyes to classic aviators, here are eight standout sunnies to flatter every face.
Hello Kitty2 of 8
Diamond-shaped faces (narrow at the eye and chin) benefit from side-swept frames to widen the face and soften out the jawline. This exaggerated tortoiseshell version creates a sexy and modern silhouette.
SHOP NOW: Elizabeth and James sunglasses, $155
Sheer Genius3 of 8
These wide sheer lenses help break up the length of a long, oblong face without being too overwhelming.
SHOP NOW: Carrera sunglasses, $134
True Blue4 of 8
If you’re blessed with an oval face, any shade shape will work on you. Try these flat-top frames as a unique alternative to the classic Wayfarer.
SHOP NOW: Marc by Marc Jacobs, $98
Look Sharp5 of 8
Geometric frames accentuate the cheekbones—especially for women with soft, rounded faces, while metallic accents add drama.
SHOP NOW: FE NY sunglasses, $22
In the Clear6 of 8
Heart-shaped faces—meaning a wide forehead and cheekbones with a narrow chin—look best in delicate styles like these translucent frames. The sophisticated shape downplays the forehead and plays up the eyes.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch sunglasses, $149
Square Off7 of 8
To soften and complement a square face, opt for classic aviators that never go out of style. Unique hardware gives this pair a contemporary twist.
SHOP NOW: MICHAEL Michael Kors, $114
View Finder8 of 8
Whether your face is round, square, angular or long, oversize sunglasses tend to be universally becoming. Count on them to make a dynamic statement or hide the effects of a late night out.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade sunglasses, $128
NEXT ON GLO: The Wackiest Fashion Trends And Why We Love Them
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession