Shopping: 15 Comfy & Cute Flats for Fall
- Next1 of 16Courtesy of Glo
- Previous Next2 of 16Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next3 of 16Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next4 of 16Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous Next5 of 16Courtesy of Sole Society
- Previous Next6 of 16Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next7 of 16Courtesy of Kate Spade New York
- Previous Next8 of 16Courtesy of Joie
- Previous Next9 of 16Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next10 of 16Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next11 of 16Courtesy of Dolce Vita
- Previous Next12 of 16Courtesy of Piperlime
- Previous Next13 of 16Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next14 of 16Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous Next15 of 16Courtesy of Madewell
- Previous Next16 of 16Courtesy of Shopbop
Flat-Out Fabulous1 of 16
By Nicole Mann Novick
If stilettos were once the popular girls of the footwear world, flats were their shy, understated and often overlooked peers. But no longer: Nowadays, loafers, slip-ons and ballerina flats are just as stylish as their high-heeled counterparts. Check out our 15 favorite finds for fall.
Shoe Shine2 of 16
SHOP NOW: J.Crew mirror metallic oxfords, $258, jcrew.com
Tall Order3 of 16
When it comes to a big date, sometimes the late-night stroll is the best part. Forego your platforms for sexy (and slimming!) over-the-knee boots.
SHOP NOW: Via Spiga Kailey boot, $375, nordstrom.com
Step To It4 of 16
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch Billie espadrille, $88, toryburch.com
Seeing Spots5 of 16
The animal print on Sole Society's loafers adds a touch of femininity to an otherwise masculine-inspired silhouette.
SHOP NOW: Sole Society Britton smoking loafers, $60, solesociety.com
Stretch It Out6 of 16
Easy to slip on and off, the elastic flat is made for the girl on the go. An edgy zipper-trimmed bow gives See By Chloe's pair added clout.
SHOP NOW: See By Chloe elastic flats, $260, shopbop.com
Twinkle Toes7 of 16
Kate Spade New York's foldable sparkly slippers are small enough to fit in your evening bag, so you can slip them on when you've had enough of your heels.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade New York catcher flats, $150, katespade.com
Petal Pushers8 of 16
The smoking slipper is leading the comfort charge for a second season. Kick yours up a notch with Joie's dynamic floral-print pair.
SHOP NOW: Joie Day Dreaming flats, $185, joie.com
Gold Standard9 of 16
Joan & David's camo patent pair gets a lift with a sophisticated gold heel, offering petite ladies an extra inch.
SHOP NOW: Joan & David Mitzie flat, $150, nordstrom.com
Fancy Feet10 of 16
SHOP NOW: Jeffrey Campbell Lawford tassel loafers, $140, shopbop.com
Work It11 of 16
Despite the blisters, we often hobble to work in heels in order to look polished. Luckily, Dolce Vita's pain-free alternative is both professional and chic—plus, black-and-white goes with everything.
SHOP NOW: Dolce Vita Giya shoes, $129, nordstrom.com
Come Slither12 of 16
Easy on the feet and eyes, D'Orsay flats are a big trend for fall. Choose ones that stand out, like Chinese Laundry's elegant faux snakeskin pair.
SHOP NOW: Chinese Laundry Easy Does It flats, $59, piperlime.com
Good Point13 of 16
A sharply pointed toe instantly makes Carvela Kurt Geiger's flats look sophisticated enough for your 9-to-5.
SHOP NOW: Carvela Kurt Geiger Hanny pointed-toe flat, $75, nordstrom.com
On Point14 of 16
The black ballet flat is a sophisticated wardrobe staple, that will remain in rotation for years.
SHOP NOW: Aldo Koten flats, $60, aldoshoes.com
Ooh La La15 of 16
French-inspired skimmers are the epitome of casual elegance. Ultra-soft leather makes them as easy on the feet as they are on the eyes.
SHOP NOW: Madewell French knot pointy skimmer, $98, madewell.com
Tough Love16 of 16
SHOP NOW: Vince Mia suede flat booties, $295, shopbop.com
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession